Chapter 12

"You Rich people are unbelievable".

I was swallowed by the blankets. Kaden was watching videos on her phone, causing her to swear quietly.

We both knew the girl was in the house, we could hear her and Cameron.

I managed to calm Kaden down so she wouldn't go to prison for manslaughter.

She wasn't happy with it, saying that Cameron is going to get his ass beat by karma.

I lay there, unaware of what I was supposed to do. I wanted to let go of the old me, and become reborn.

"Are you awake?".

I woke out of my thoughts by Kaden's whisper. "Yeah".

I felt her lay down and hug me. "I'm sorry, Cameron was being cruel".

I sighed at her apology, in a way I felt as if I deserved it. "Karma is fair, you do something wrong and it bites you in the ass".

"Yeah, but he was out of line".

I let my head sink deeper into the pillow, comfortable and calm. I could feel the heat coming from Kaden, it soothed me in a way.

"Do you like my brother jay?".

I closed my eyes, the words felt foreign to me. How could I like someone who hates my existence?

"How could I love someone who hates my existence?".

She sat up, breaking the hug. "Cameron has been through so much, I think it's scarred him. Whenever someone triggers his emotions, he loses it".

I pulled myself up, meeting her gaze. "How could someone be so cruel?".

"He's not, he's scared of people. Everyone expects him to be evil and shit so after years of trying to prove them wrong, he gave up".

"He acts so nice to me sometimes, then he flips and says heart-shattering things so me".

"I know why he does that, but I'm still seeing things through".

"What?". I was confused, she made no sense.

"It's nothing, he's just hurt and in pain. It kills me to put him in his place but I have to".

I traced the scar on my knee. Was Cameron actually like that? Was he a nice person?

"He's in therapy".

I widened my eyes at this secret. Cameron drew, in therapy.

"I know you can tell but we're not related, we're both mixed but before he was adopted. His life was traumatic".

"Adopted?".

"Yeah, my mum knew his mum from work. And after an incident my mum adopted him".

I didn't ask what the incident was. It wasn't my right to know.