018 Let Me Leave

Wren and Punz walked in silence as they made their way back to the hotel, tears still softly streaming down Wren's blushed cheeks.

Wren had sobbed and screamed into Punz's shoulder for over ten minutes, before finally mumbling out that she wanted to move out of the hotel room she shared with Ki.

Punz offered to help her, physically and mentally, so he walked with girl in silence, leading them to where they were now.

In complete silence, walking down an empty sidewalk late at night, in San Diego.

At this point in the night, Wren felt numb. She still didn't fully understand what she saw, and she kept trying to convince her devilish mind that maybe it really wasn't what it looked like.

But what else would it have been?

The girl wasn't sure, all she knew was that she needed some space away from Ki and Sapnap.

"We can get a hotel room together." Punz offered, finally breaking the silence that had fallen over the pair. "I'll move my stuff out tonight, too. I'll even pay for it."

Wren shook her head, tears that were standstill in her cheeks falling down rapidly from the movement. "No, it's okay. I'm gonna just ask Wilbur if I can stay with him and Phil for the rest of the weekend."

Punz raised an eyebrow at the girl, "Really?"

"Don't lecture me right now." She replied blankly. "I'm not in the mood."

"I'm not, I'm not." Punz defended. "But, alright. If you change your mind, let me know."

"Okay, Luke. Thank you, I'm sorry."

Punz shook his head. "Why are you apologizing?"

Wren sighed. "For wrapping you up in all of this. He's your friend too, I don't want things to be awkward for you as well."

"Yeah, well, you were my friend first." Punz shrugged. "You'll always come first in my book."

Wren smiled gratefully at her friend, stepping inside the hotel as Punz held the door open.

The duo once again went silent as they made their way to Wren's shared hotel room, eventually slipping inside and beginning to pack her things.

Wren had called Wilbur while Punz wrangled her items together, haphazardly shoving them into her suitcase.

Wren barely explained what was going on to Wilbur, she just assured him that she was okay and she just needed a room to stay in for the remaining days. Wilbur obliged, being the good friend he was, telling Wren he'd be back to his room shortly to let her in.

She thanked the boy, hanging up the phone, and resumed packing her bags alongside Punz.

"Wren?"

The blonde girl hadn't even heard the door open, but as the voice rang out her blood went cold.

Wren looked up to see a distressed Ki, standing in the doorway. "Wren, I'm sorry."

"Ki, please." Wren practically begged. "Not right now."

"What are you doing?" Ki questioned, looking between the duo packing Wrens belongings.

Punz stayed silent, looking to Wren for an answer. "I'm leaving Ki, please. I really do not want to talk about it right now."

"Wren, I'm-"