022 Moving On

It had been a week since TwitchCon, and Wrens life had taken a surprising turn—for the better.

      After the party that previous Saturday night, Wren had spent quite a bit of time crying into Punz's arm, as he relentlessly apologized for encouraging Sapnap to go dance with her.

       Wren wasn't even mad at him, she wasn't mad at anyone anymore, not even herself.

        The girl had finally realized that no matter what she did, her feelings for Sapnap were going to be there, even if they weren't at the forefront of her mind, they were still there—lurking.

        And after crying for countless hours, Punz and Wilbur doing everything in their power to settle the girl down, she finally came to terms with her feelings.

        She stopped cursing herself for something so natural, and decided that even if her and Sapnap couldn't be anything more than friends, that she would just have to learn to deal with the feelings.

      And even though during her stay in San Diego, and all the special moments her and Sapnap shared together, she understood that if it were meant to be, something more would've already happened. Yet, it didn't. Nothing happened. Which, to Wren at least, showed that nothing more was to come of their friendship. They were to just stay friends.

       So Wren learned to suppress her thoughts, her feelings, just like she had time and time before. Wren and her feelings simply had to coexist.

        As much as Wren expected for things to get worse after this realization, they didn't. In all honesty, things got better.

       She was able to talk to Sapnap without the worry of accidentally revealing her true feelings, and she was finally able to focus on a normal friendship with him.

        They began to talk everyday again, whether it was FaceTiming, texting, or even joining each other's streams: the two stayed in touch constantly.

       Sapnap checked up on her everyday, and would religiously keep her company while Wren unpacked all of her belongings in her new apartment.

       And much to Wrens surprise, Sapnap never asked why she moved out of her shared apartment with Ki. It made Wren wonder if he already knew why, but thinking about it gave the girl a headache, so she tried to avoid thinking about it too much.

        She tried to focus on how life seemed to be getting better for her overall. And she was thankful, and as happy as ever to leave the past behind her. To leave all of the nights she spent crying, behind her.

        The only thing still holding her back from completely moving on was, conveniently, Sapnap.

        Sapnap had taken a new liking to flirting with the girl, much to her dismay. She noticed it back at TwitchCon, when his flirting almost led to a shared kiss between the two, but Wren assumed it stopped that same night.

        But, it hadn't. Every chance he got, Sapnap would try his hardest to make the blush, or just get a reaction out of her by being a big flirt.

        Sapnap would compliment her just to see her cheeks grow red, make suggestive jokes to see her eyes go wide, or even fake jealously when she would bring up other guy friends, just to see her shake her head with a smile. He seemed to get a kick out of it, but Wren did not.

        His flirting made her hold onto the hope that maybe there could be something between the two of them. A hope that Wren was trying so goddamn hard to let go of.