23

tw// mention of death, suicide
----

"Hey, Minho? Baby? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you the way I've been treating you recently. But it's all going to be okay now. Trust me. We'll live happily together... With your father. He'll save us."

She grabbed his hand before Minho could comprehend what she meant.

The next thing he knew... They were in the air. The words his mother uttered echoed in his mind. "With your father... We'll live happily together.... I'm sorry..."

The time seemed to stop as Minho began to understand what his mother actually meant. He felt a loud beep in his ears when he left her hand. Something he still regrets doing.

He gripped on the railing of the bridge before he could fall into the river. "We'll live happily together... Trust me... Hey, Minho? I'm sorry... He'll save us... Save... Save.."

"Save me!" He shouted. "Help! Please!"

People rushed to the spot, and immediately lifted him up. "You're safe now. You'll be alright," they whispered, but Minho couldn't hear it. Any of it. He had killed her... His mother. He didn't know if she was still alive, but he watched as the police flooded the land near the river. He saw them take her away on the hospital bed, from the edge of a wall... Far away. They heard people asking about him.

"He was here a few moments ago. We saw him."

"He must've run away."

Minho had run away. Far away from his small village. From where his mom would've been there... Dead or alive, who knows.
----
"I don't know," Minho ended, "what happened to my mother still. I don't want to know." He looked over at Jisung and he didn't expect to see him in that condition. Jisung was weeping, his tears not seeming like it would stop any soon. His hands wrapped around Minho's waist unconsciously– making Minho flustered at the wrong time.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that," Jisung sobbed in Minho's shoulder.

"It's fine... I'm fine now." He wondered how many times he'd have to repeat the sentence to Jisung.

"Don't you want to know where your mother is now?" He asked him after a while.

"I'm scared to actually know if she's even alive, it's better I don't know."

Jisung buried his head in Minho's chest, the alcohol kicking in. "You didn't deserve this..." was the last thing Jisung muttered, and they fell asleep. Cuddling.

Minho woke up when the staff entered the room, obviously wondering why the two stayed overtime. But Jisung didn't. So he carried the younger back to his car and drove him to Jisung's house.

"You could've woken me up earlier..." Jisung said at his doorway.

"You were asleep. I wouldn't want to disturb you!"

Butterflies. It felt as if the butterflies were trying to escape through his mouth, explaining the weird sound Jisung made before clearing his throat.

"Well.. thank you. I'll go now. Good night."

"Wait."

Jisung turned back. Their faces were inches away, but no one dared to move.  Well, Minho did. He hugged Jisung. 

"Thank you for listening to me. Let's grab a meal someday soon, yeah?"

"Totally."

"Cool, dude."

"Dude."

----

I really can't write sad stuff why this is so bad