27

He sat at the counter in Felix's bakery. The baker boy was pretty busy preparing tiny cupcakes for tiny humans.

He sat there, bored– waiting for a particular someone.

"You know he won't magically appear if you stare at the door," Felix tilted his head, and the boy wondered how long Felix was even standing there.

"Why isn't he here yet," he slumped on the counter and sighed.

"Talk about the devil."

He immediately lifted his head to see his long time crush, his flirty almost-best friend.

The elegant "crush" very elegantly made his way next to him, giving him a short side hug. "Hi, my baby."

His heart fluttered. Of course it did. Anyone's heart would flutter if he, the visual god himself, said it to them.

He pushed him, though, for him not to see his blushing mess of a face.

Chan was next to the two, observing them with a chuckle. "How are you not together already?"

Hyunjin looked at Seungmin with a smirk. The dog boy dismissed him by rolling his eyes.

"I bet they're dating secretely and putting up an act in front of us," Changbin remarked.

Yang Jeongin shook his head and had his palms over his eyes, cringing at all the flirtation happening.

Hyunjin noticed and pinched Jeongin's cheeks.

Every little thing Hyunjin did to others, with others, made Seungmin sulk. Past himself would swear on himself that he wouldn't be this protective crusher– is that what you call a person having a crush? –but here he was.

In his defence, he wasn't getting closer to Hyunjin than he already was, because of what Minho had told him when he first asked about the photographer. "Be careful, though. Hwang Hyunjin is just a flirt naturally, he flirts with everyone and anyone. I don't want you to come crying to me when you find that out."

Seungmin had scoffed then, "You think I'm that easy of a target, Min? He's attractive and all, but my esteem isn't that low too."

Guess it was. He wouldn't be simping over Hyunjin otherwise.

"Too bad Jisung and Minho couldn't make it," Felix said out of the blue, breaking Seungmin's trail of thought.

"What do we do now?" Jeongin sighed after a few minutes of silence. The others looked up from their phones and smiled.

"Baby innie is getting bored?" Chan cooed.

"Shut up. Let's play something."

Felix wiped his hands on his apron and walked inside the storage room. He came back with a stack of Uno cards. "Down for a game?" He smirked.

"No! Fuck!" Hyunjin jumped and scrunched his face in a fake cry as soon as Seungmin put the last of his cards down on the pile. Kim Seungmin was proud of himself. He had this smug smile on him in victory.

Everyone looked as his smile was replaced by a face of horror as Felix gave Hyunjin his penalty for losing. It was like Hyunjin and Seungmin had switched souls in a split second, because Hyunjin had the smile.

"Since it's pepero day today....Hyunjin and the second last loser," he gasped in surprise as he realised it was Seungmin, "has to do the pepero challenge with Hyunjin."

'Okay... It's just a silly challenge for fun, what's the harm, right?' Seungmin tried convincing himself. But he knew Hyunjin would be willing to do it, not only with him but literally every other person ever. That's what dissapointed Seungmin.

Seungmin just nodded nonetheless, wanting to get this over with.

Felix brought the pepero packet from inside and handed one to Hyunjin.

"Chocolate part for my baby," Hyunjin whispered. God. Seungmin felt uneasy about this already.

His breath unevened as Hyunjin came closer to him, biting bits of the pepero.

This cannot be happening. Not like this.

When Hyunjin gently held his waist, all his insecurities came back.

He couldn't go much further, could he?

He could. Their lips almost touched until Hyunjin pecked the other's with a wide smile.

Seungmin couldn't handle it. This was way too much. How could he have fallen for this? For Hyunjin? He couldn't believe himself.

"I'm sorry. I gotta go," he excused himself from the rest.

"Seungmin, wait!"

Seungmin ran out of the bakery– straight into the park where he held the tree for support. What the heck had just happened?

"Seungmin..." Oh no. Next to him stood the person he last wanted to see.

"Hyunjin–"

"Wait. Listen to me. I didn't mean to do it, I swear. My feelings took over me and I–" he sighed, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable at all. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It was a really stupid game...." He breathed out and ran a hand through his hair.

The two were silent for a while. Hyunjin observed his expressions, except there were none on Seungmin's face.

"Say something, Kim Seungmin. I'm going crazy," he exasperated.

Seungmin looked down the whole time. "... Do you like me?" He asked quietly.

"Huh?"

"No, nevermind. I'll get goin–"

"Seungmin. I like you. So much. You have no clue."

He looked up at his elegant face, searching for hints of him joking around. There weren't any, of course. Hyunjin was just as into Seungmin as Seungmin was into him.

"How do I know if you're being for real? I mean you would've said this to so many other people as well..."

Hyunjin's eyes widened as the realisation hit him. The reason Seungmin was acting this way.

He inched closer to the boy, carefully. His hands made their way to Seungmin's out of reflex but stopped midway. "Can I hold your hands?" He asked hesitantly.

Seungmin barely nodded. "Hey. Look at me. Have you noticed me being close to anyone other than you? As I started spending more time with you, I realised how incredible of a human you are. I fell for you, Seungmin. Like I've never before. You make me feel things inside of me no one else has. I've had a crush on you ever since I started talking to you. Consider giving me a chance, please? I understand if you don't want to."

Seungmin processed his words slowly. It was true that he hadn't actually seen Hyunjin acting this way to anyone else, it was just from Minho's words that he was insecure. All these months, Hyunjin had been nothing but a sweetheart to him. He has noticed the way Hyunjin looked at him, sneaked glances too. Would a chance really hurt?

Plus he'd be insane if he denied his beating heart for him. Hyunjin was in his heart before they even got to know each other.

Seungmin nodded to Hyunjin. "Okay. I'm ready to give you a chance. Hwang Hyunjin, I've had the biggest crush on you, too. I like you. So much."

Hyunjin immediately hugged the boy, his face buried in his neck. "Thank you thank you thank you–"

Seungmin stopped him by grabbing his face and giving him a small peck before chuckling. "Stop it," he groaned.

Hyunjin was a statue. All the love he had for Seungmin burst in him like a firecracker. He didn't waste a second to connect their lips, this time it lasted long. He once again gripped the boy's waist tenderly and kissed him.

"Fuck," he exhaled. "Kim Seungmin, you drive me fucking crazy."

––––

Omg what huge chapter this is so awkward for me to write 😭 it's seungjin for this chapter i almost forgot this was a minsung book i just had to get these two together and then continue with the drama 💀

And today's actually pepero day I'm so smart