Chapter 03: Her Troublesome Secret Admirer

A/N: It's time to deal with Lorelei's secret admirer!

LOKI

AND THAT'S the reason why this Lorelei was not happy to see me. She must have remembered how our conversation went down that day. Did I cross the line? Maybe. But it's not my intention to hurt her by reopening old wounds. I stated merely my observations. I only wanted to prove to her that it's incorrect for her to say we knew little about each other. Maybe she did. But not me.

Back in the clubroom, she turned around and was about to walk away. She might not like my guts, but I was the only one on campus who could help her with her dilemma. I was the only doctor here who could cure her illness. If she wouldn't consult me, then the symptoms would persist.

"Sorry, pero mukhang nagkamali ako ng room na pinasukan."

"Oh, don't you lie. You're exactly where you're supposed to be." I lowered the book that I was reading. This might be more interesting than the fiction novel. "A minute ago, you asked if this is the QED Club. You're obviously looking for this place so why are you denying it now?"

"You're the last person that I want to see today," she replied. Her bluntness was something that I appreciated, but what she said wasn't true. She's letting her impression of me get the better of her decision-making. "If you don't mind, I'll go ahead."

"That's another lie," I called her out before she could reach for the door. "The last person you wanna see is someone who's causing you trouble. A secret admirer, perhaps?"

She turned to me with widened eyes and mouth hanging loosely open. I hit the bullseye, as I always did. "At paano mo nalaman ang tungkol doon?"

I snapped the book closed and tossed it on the table. "Let's say that I have the power to know if someone's in trouble or not." Then I put my fingertips together.

"May nagsabi sa 'yo?"

She did, but not directly. After our disastrous conversation that day, I ran an online background check on her. I wanted to know if the person that I'd be sharing the unit with was a suspicious individual. She could be an assassin sent by a clandestine organization to silence me forever. Fortunately, nothing alarming showed up in my research. What I found was her blog. There she had been posting her new experiences since the day she transferred here in Pampanga.

I read her latest entry yesterday and found out that she's being troubled by a person who was leaving gifts in her locker. On Monday, a box of chocolate. The next day, a red rose and a photo of her. She didn't appreciate those gestures that some might find romantic.

But I'd rather not say that I found her blog. I'd let her make her own guesses on how I knew that she's having a secret admirer dilemma. She might even think that I was some sort of wizard.

"Our first conversation must have left a bitter taste in your mouth." I changed the topic so she wouldn't ask about it any further. "I have nothing on my plate at the moment so I can help you out. I'm not forcing you though. You have two options. You can walk away and be still bothered by your secret admirer. Or you can tell me the details of your problem and I'll expose the identity of the mysterious guy."