Chapter 3

Chapter Three - Sophie's POV

I paced around the kitchen, feeling anxious. Should I tell Keefe??? Is it worth the humilitation? I thought to myself. I kept pondering this while my dad, Grady, was watching me.

"Soph, why are you so nervous???" he asked, looking concerned.

"Well, I'm going to tell a friend that I'm unmatchable."

"Who? Biana? Dex?"

I was feeling very, em, uncomfortable because I knew Grady disliked Keefe for many reasons.

"Uhhhh... Keefe?" I said, saying it slowly so Grady wouldn't explode.

Grady just sighed and muttered "That Boy" under his breath.

--------------------------

A few moments later, Keefe knocked on the door and I led him up to my room despite Grady's glares. 

"Soooo... Foster why'd you need to talk to me." Keefe asked as he flung himself onto her bed.

"Ummm... so last week... I went to uh the matchmakers."

Keefe's face fell. "Oh, did I come here so you could say that you and Fitz are each others #1 match, because I really-"

I interrupted Keefe by mumbling, "not even close..."

He looked at me, clearly confused, "Then, what did you want to talk about?"

"I- I'm Unmatchable..." I whispered, looking down as I said it.

Keefe stared at me for a moment and then wrapped me in a warm hug. I snuggled up to him and let my tears soak into his shirt. It was the best hug I've had in a while.

Keefe and I talked for a while. We decided to go under Calla's tree because Keefe said I needed "Fresh Air".

Keefe even offered to help me look for my biological parents so I could be matchable. 

"But... Keefe, I think I know who my Mother is... it's just if I put the name in... it would ruin her life. I can't do that. Do you understand?" I asked looking up in his ice blue eyes. I never noticed how pretty his eyes are. 

I quickly shook that thought away and looked up again to see Keefe nod.

Keefe studied her and said "Foster, do you know how cute you look when you worry?"

I looked up, about to roll my eyes when I noticed that his smirk looked almost... serious?? My face turned a shade of pink and I looked away as Keefe smiled at her.

"I'm just worried about how Fitz will react... he gets so mad sometimes. Ya know?" 

Keefe's smile faded but he nodded. After a whole 30 minutes of talking, Keefe, like my parents, convinced me that Fitz wouldn't be angry. I wasn't so sure.

After talking, Keefe and I lied down on the grass. I could tell something was up with Keefe because when I tripped trying to stand up, he caught me before I fell and didn't even tease me.

"What's wrong??? Keefe?"

Keefe looked at me and simply said, "Nothing, Foster."

I shouldn't have done it. But, I did. I didn't want Keefe to do something risky again. I couldn't lose him. Not again. 

So, I read his mind.

A/N:

Did you like this chapter??? I hope you did.

By the way, sorry for the cliffhanger!! 

I am going to try to write 1-2 chapters every day for a week or so.

Chapter Questions:

1. What do you think Sophie will find in Keefe's mind?

2. What other ships should I include in this story?

3. Anything else you want me to include!?

thanks for reading, ya'll! <33

*p.s. the rest of the gang will be included soon, sorry for not including them yet!!*