Chapter 9

Chapter Nine - Sophie's POV

As soon as I turned off my imparter, I ran downstairs into the kitchen.

"Mom! I have a date with Keefe!!!"

She turned around, looking away from her Mallowmelt that she was making.

"Wait, Sophie... Keefe?" She looked super confused but a smile was creeping onto her face.

"Ohhhh... Yeah, I didn't tell you did I..." I said sheepishly, "Well.. Keefe and I may have kissed when I realized I liked him..."

"SOPHIE! I'm your mother! I deserve to know about you kissing a boy!" Edaline says with a goofy smile.

At that moment, Grady walks in. Uh Oh! I thought to myself.

He looks at Edaline, then me, then back at Edaline before saying, "Who? Who did you kiss?"

Edaline saves me from answering, "Grady, Sophie's going out with Keefe! Isn't it so cute! They finally sorted their feelings out!"

I looked at her, confused, "What do you mean, 'finally'???"

Edaline chuckled, "Keefe has liked you since your first year at Foxfire."

"Oh God, Really???"

Grady clears his throat, interrupting me and Edaline. "I'm gonna have to have a talk with That Boy."

I just rolled my eyes. "Fine."

- Time: 4:30 - 

"Vertina, what should I wear?" I asked as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

"Hmmm, well, you should definitely take a shower, maybe put your hair in a bun... Ooh! Wear a pretty dress, maybe a red one! Use that gold eyeshadow and the red lipstick." Vertina said, going on and on about all the beauty supplies I needed.

I follow her directions, even taking a shower.

Here was my whole outfit:

Dress - 

Hair -

I took off my cognate rings for the first time since Fitz gave them to me. I didn't need Fitz anymore. I'm done with that silly little crush I had years ago. 

I have Keefe now.

I put on some black gloves to complete my outfit. I looked at myself in the mirror as Edaline knocked on the door.

She let herself in.

"Hi, Sweetie! Oh.... You look so beautiful, Sophie!" I saw her eyes start to tear up.

I smiled and said, "You really think so?"

"Oh, Keefe's gonna love the dress!"

"Thanks... So what's up?" I looked at her.

"Well, I was just wondering if this date is, um, too soon. I mean, you just broke up with Fitz and I just don't want you to get hurt again..."

"Mom, listen. Keefe would never, and I mean never, hurt me. I trust him with my life."

Edaline smiled. "Your right. Me and Grady are going to go shopping, Enjoy your date, hun. Be back by 10."

"Wait, wasn't Dad going to talk to Keefe?"

"He already did, Keefe's downstairs."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! You left Keefe downstairs with Grady?!?!"

Edaline laughed. "Oops!"

I put on my black boots and hustled downstairs to see a smiling Keefe, standing next to a surprisingly calm-looking Grady. Keefe was staring at me in shock, making me blush. 

He looked very handsome with black pants and a navy blue tunic that showed off his muscles. His hair was styled perfectly and his eyes. Oh, those ice blue eyes. They looked so beautiful in the sunlight.

I ran up to him and hugged him saying, "Your alive! Sorry it took so long, somebody," I sent a pointed look at Edaline, "didn't tell me that you were here already!"

Keefe smirked. "Glad to see you too, Foster." I noticed that I was still hugging him after a short 30 seconds. I blushed. It just felt so natural to hug Keefe.

He took my hand, twining our fingers together. Keefe and I said bye to my parents and headed out the door for my first date with Keefe Sencen.

A/N:

Hey Guys!!! :)

Did you guys like this chapter? 

My favorite part of writing this part was picking Sophie's dress and hair. I thought the outfit suited her well. I also loved when Sophie took off her cognate rings. Like Yas Gurl!

Chapter Questions:

1. Favorite part of the whole story so far?

2. What KotLC book was your least favorite? (I would say Everblaze because I don't remember a whole lot of important things happening in the book.)

3. Any Feedback? Please let me know this because I want to make my story as good as possible!

thanks for reading! Please vote if you liked it! <3

- coolbeansss151

*p.s. I am thinking of writing another fanfic. The name will be "Matched: A Diana Story"! What do you think?*