Chapter 8

Chapter Eight - Keefe's POV

I walked into Candleshade with the dreamiest smile on my face. Foster had kissed me! It was the most amazing thing ever. Her soft, gentle lips touched mine. Rays of sunshine spread around the world. Sparks flew into the air and-

My daydream was interrupted by my super annoying dad. 

"Keefe, why are you here? I thought you were at Everglen with your bratty little friends." He says with a sneer on his face.

I clenched my fists. "First off, my friends are not 'bratty' and second of all, I went to Foster's house instead of Everglen to get farther away from your stench!"

Dad of the Year glares at me. "Keefe, stop wasting your time going over to Sophie's house. She doesn't like you. Nobody likes someone who is so... how do I describe it. Oh yes, immature."

I snort and say, "Well, first of all, she does like me! And even if she didn't, I was being a good friend. But I get it, Daddio. You wouldn't know what a good friend is because you didn't have any friends!"

Before Daddy Dearest could try and make a feeble comeback, Ro entered the room.

"Hey Worst Parent Ever #2, leave Hunkyhair alone." Ro grabbed my arm and pulled me into my room. Ro looked super excited. She spoke first.

"Hunkyhair! Blondie likes you!??! OMIGOD."

I looked at her, confused. How did she know?

"I heard you tell Daddy Dearest that she liked you, is it true??? Please tell me it's true!"

A huge grin lit up my face. Just thinking about Foster made me so happy, but what else is new?

"Okay, that dreamy smile says it all! SPILL!"

I told her the whole story.

"SHE KISSED YOU!!!! OH WOW THAT'S SHOCKING AND AMAZING AND-"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile. 

"Should I ask her out? I mean she just broke up with Fitz, I don't want to pressure her into anything, ya know?" I asked Ro.

She nodded. "That's true... Maybe wait a day or two for her to settle down and then Sokeefe will go on a date together! I mean she's obviously in love with you if she kissed you with your bad breath and all."

"Wait, what? My breath is not bad!!"

"Yeah right! It smells like Iggy burps!"

"No!"

"Yes! And I thought your hair was bad..."

"Did you just insult the HAIR?!?!"

-TWO DAYS LATER-

I picked up my imparter and hailed Foster. She picked up in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, Keefe!!!"

I noticed Foster looked very refreshed and happy. The purple bags under her eyes were gone and her eyes were no longer red from crying. She was smiling at me, her beautiful eyes shining and her silky hair was brushed. She had on an ice blue tunic.

"Uhhhh.. Keefe?"

I realized I was staring. I blushed and looked away. "Sorry Foster... you just look beautiful... Like always."

She turned red as well. "Aww, thanks Keefe! I had to wear this color tunic for a certain cute boy..."

"Did you just call me cute?" I asked, smirking.

"Ummmm... No?" She replied, smirking right back at me.

"Anyways, Foster, I called to see if you wanted to, er, go on a date?" I asked, not even baring to look at her. 

Instead of rejecting me, Foster simply asked, "Really?" 

"Uhhhh yeah. I mean, Sophie, I really, really, really like you and I want to go out with you, but if you don't want to that's fine... I just, yeah."

Her face smiled brightly. "Of course i'll go on a date with you, Keefe. Also you called me Sophie..."

I smirked happily. "Isn't that your name?"

"Well, yes, I suppose it is." She said, laughing. "Although I do love it when you call me 'Foster'."

"Okay, Foster. Meet ya at 5:30 tonight? We can meet at Havenfield."

"See you then, Keefe Sencen."

A/N:

There we go, guys! Keefe Sencen got himself, and his Iggy breath, a date!

Okay, quick question, but who else totally despises the Song parents and Keefe's parents? I literally hate them and feel so bad for Tam, Linh, and Keefe! 

Honestly, now that I think about, all of the kids in KotLC have family issues. See below.

Fitz & Biana - Brother is a traitor.

Keefe - Mother is leader of evil organization, Father is just plain mean.

Sophie - Was experimented on by the Black Swan and doesn't know her real parents until later books in the series.

Dex - Shamed for parents being bad match and for his parents having triplets.

Wylie - His dad got exiled and his dad's mind was broken, his mom died.

Tam & Linh - Their parents lied about them being twins and basically kicked them out of the house due to Linh's ability.

Marella - Her mom is suffering and Marella has to take care of her.

LIKE WHAT??!?!!?! 😕😖😵

anyways sorry for the long Author's note...

No Chapter Questions, but if you want to comment about the KotLC families, that would be fine.

Thanks so much for reading, please vote if you liked my story! ❤❤❤

- coolbeansss151 😎

*p.s. new chapters coming 8/26*