Chapter 5

Shortly after that, the new bus came, I sat next to Ruby I wanted to make sure she was alright. Steve sat next to Bucky, Nat was driving this time. Everyone was quiet. It was nice actually.

We got back to the academy Steve and Bucky were joking about something. It was like he never left, they were inseparable.

"You know what let's go grab a beer, ha buddy my treat," steve said after looking up, grabbing Bucky by the shoulders and basically running away.

I almost die laughing after seeing that he was actually running away from Veronica.

Back to our apartment...

I took a quick shower and got some dinner started, Ruby was in the shower, we had some music blasting and then I heard a knock on the door.

"I'm sorry" it was Bucky, and I took a big deep breath

About 5 days ago ...

I was at the cafeteria/food court area and Steve had sat next to me, we were just chatting having a nice conversation, and eating our lunch.

"So Puerto Rican ha," He said, "You know I have always wanted to go there"

"Oh yeah?" I reply

"Yeah, it seems like such a beautiful place"

"Oh is paradise, there is nothing better than the Caribbean"

"And the people that come from it"

I lifted an eyebrow trying to content my smirked

"I mean" he stutter "Just look at the examples in politics, entertainment, medicine, sports; you all always conquer" he finished

"Nice save," I said

"Oh that wasn't a save, I meant it about the beautiful people"

"I'll take it. Don't let your little fan find out you complimented me"

"What fan?" he asked and I pointed a Veronica "Oh what are you talking about?"

"Oh please, she not even settle. She can't take a hint" I said bringing my hand up and crunching my fingers together (🤌🏼 moving it like this)

"Ah there's the Italian, well Sicilian, sorry" he laughed

"Oh and a bit a french" I smirked

"Really?"

"Well my Dad is Sicilian-Native-Rican, he was traces of Rome and Naples, and my mom is French/Irish-Native-Rican. But almost all she knows in Europe is France"

"Wow that's amazing..." he got interrupted

"Afternoon!" it was Bucky he was listening to our conversation, and he looked irked

"Hey man what's up"

"Captain," I said

"Sofia I need a word with you," He said looking directly at me

"Oh, um, sure give e a sec please," I said

"Now!" he said irritated

"Is everything alright?" Steve asked alarmed

"Yes. Just need to have a conversation with her sorry to interrupt"

I followed him and as we were walking out the corner of the hall he grabbed my arm abruptly. Steve seem to notice but by the time he ran up, we were gone.

"What the hell is your problem," I said as he dragged me to the stairs and closed the door behind him

"Can you at least try to lay low? what the hell are you giving him that information for?"