Chapter 2-The Return

Is that moon shattered? Jaune thought to himself. There's no way. That's impossible

"Ace."

"YES PILOT?" Ace responds.

"Those hostiles you killed. Can you describe what they looked like?" Jaune asks.

"THEY WERE PITCH BLACK CREATURES WITH ABNORMAL EXOSKELETAL-LIKE SKULL MASK AND RED EYES." And his fears were confirmed. Why would he be back here on Remnant, of all places? Was this all because of the Ark's detonation? Whatever it was he could figure it out later. Right now he needed to get his bearings and find out where specifically he was.

And as if the gods heard his thoughts, his titans loud voice reverberates throughout his helmet. "MULTIPLE LIFE FORMS APPROACHING. I ADVISE TAKING CAUTION"

Jaune looks in the direction the warning came from. As he turns he notices some very familiar features on these people walking towards his titan.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Yang? What do you think we'll find here? Oh! Maybe we'll find some aliens! Or a meteor with some strange, black substance coming out! Or maybe it'll be a new weapon...FROM OUTER SPACE!" Ruby says.

"I don't know Rubes. It could be an alien. I'm hoping they can fight!" Yang says.

"Or, it can be a piece of shrapnel from a fallen bullhead. That would be the most logical option." Weiss says, clearly tired of the conversation taking place.

"But aliens are WAAAAY cooler than a piece of shrapnel!" Ruby cries. "A piece of shrapnel from a bullhead isn't as interesting as a SPACE WEAPON!"

"You honestly believe we could find aliens here? That seems about right coming from you of all people." Weiss says exasperated.

As the four enter the clearing, they see a giant Paladin standing slump on the ground. Only, this doesn't look like a Paladin they've seen before? It looks way too advanced, as well as not having any clear opening for the rider to enter.

Ruby runs up to the Paladin in amazement, examining the paladin like a kid in a candy store (or more accurately, a cookie shop).

"OMGWEISSITSAHUGEPALADINITLOOKSSOAMAZINGWHEREDIDTHISCOMEFROMHOWDOESITWORKIHAVESOMANYQUESTIONS!" Ruby says in classic Ruby fashion.

"Relax you dolt! It's probably just a new prototype that was lost in the transmute to wherever it was going." Weiss responds, used to Ruby's antics by now.

"And for the love of dust, please don't tou-" Weiss was cut off by the sound of air being released from the cockpit of the Paladin.

"Hehe, oops?" Ruby says nervously.

As she approaches the hatch of the Paladin she notices something weird.

"Hey guys?" ruby calls out, getting everyone's attention. "I don't see anything in here!"

As she examines the inside of the Paladin she finds some... unusual things inside. There was a pistol, not to large in size, but large enough to tell it packs a punch. The weird part was that it was a model she's never seen before. Where could this have come from?

As she looked closer, she noticed what looked like and old photo of a group of people. She pulled it out from it's resting place in the cockpit to look closer, only to see that her sister team was in the photo. That wouldn't have been as surprising on its own, if it wasn't for the fact that in the place of who should be Pyrrha's present partner Christopher Hawthorne, stood her original partner. A tall, lanky, blonde who looked really out of place. Jaune Arc.