Chapter Forty-Six

Feel free to imagine Luke and Leia however you want(: if you like the idea of Carrie Fischer and Mark Hamill then by all means, picture them! But since we are all so different in appearances you can have your own images of what they look like in your head if that makes you more comfortable!

2.1k words

Hide and Seek

Luke's POV
"Put your weapon down little sister. There's no need for this." I spoke cautiously while keeping my hand on the handle of mine since I had the utmost confidence she wouldn't listen to me — as usual.

She chuckled while spinning her blade in front of her face, occasionally highlighting her features in the deadly light, "Little? We're the same age if my memory is correct."

I shrugged, "I was born first." She rolled her eyes in response and I took one more step closer to her, "So please, put it down and let's have a calm and civilized cha—" Of course, she lunged at me and swiped her weapon near my chest.

I groaned in annoyance as I jumped back to create distance while also igniting my green blade. But as soon as mine was lit, hers went out and I could no longer see her through the thick fog, 'I'm on your left,' Her voice echoed in my mind and I shot my gaze left, seeing nothing, 'Or am I on your right?' She teased, I then looked to my right.

I smiled, she really thinks she can surprise me. I am the one who taught her this little trick when we were seven years old, "Neither," I said out loud, knowing where she really was. I spun around just as she lit up her weapon and brought it in my direction, but I blocked her attack and the two blades seared together between us.

Sparks of green and red were flying as we began our little battle. But every attack she went for, I blocked, and every attack I went for, she blocked - we were nearly equals, "You never told me where you were." She said with a wicked smile, clearly enjoying trying to cut my other hand off. As if the one she took wasn't enough, I bet she has it as a trophy somewhere — she's definitely twisted enough for that.

I glared into her yellow eyes with a stabbing pain in my gut. It hurts me to see the path she has gone down, but what life does she really know other than this one? He took her away with him when we were only nine, and he would have taken me too, but I was always the one better at hide and seek. It is still one of the most haunting days of my life and I only really blame myself... our guardians told us to stay near where they could see us, but I convinced Leia to have a rebellious adventure.

"Where is Master Yoda?" I asked, ignoring her question as I used the force to throw her back against a tree.

She groaned in pain, but composed herself quickly, "As much as I would like to say I killed that little green shit," She stood up after having fallen to the floor, "He was already long gone by the time I got here." She cracked her neck and rolled her shoulders back before advancing towards me again.

I sighed with relief knowing he was alive somewhere, before once again putting up my defenses as we moved around the foggy swamp in a battle that wasn't taking even half of our energy, almost like we weren't actually trying, "What is even the point of this Leia?" I asked in annoyance after moving my head to the side to avoid her weapons blade, "We both know you won't kill me." Just like I will never kill her, no matter how tempting it may be sometimes. I do love my sister, I always will.

And not only that, but I refuse to dishonor my mother that way. Her heart would break if she saw us now. The two children she died protecting at each other's throats. Knowing the kind of person she is now, this alone would be enough to kill her if she wasn't already gone.