Chapter 13 - "Reconciliation"

^ Caspian and Eugene showing the kids how to play just dance 💀

~•~

MIKA • POV

The day passed in a drawn out blur and I floated mindlessly around the pack house, avoiding Daddy as much as I could, sticking to my room or the main kitchen on the lower ground of the pack house, away from our alpha apartment. At some point, I'd ended up in one of the lower floor common rooms, trying my best to distract myself from all thoughts of mates, parents and unhinged humans.

The large television on the wall was blasting pop music from one of the dancing games the pups liked to play occasionally. However, instead of the pups jumping up and down, trying to match the steps on the screen with all the clumsy efficiency of drunk backup dancers, I was watching my uncles battle it out to the death as though their lives depended on the perfect choreography that composed
a twerking ass.

It seemed the no shifting rule, which had barely been in place for four hours now, after a long winded pack meeting, was already driving people crazy. Daddy had been firm with his rules. No shifting until further notice, stay on high alert and report any human sightings, pick up no trails back to the pack house after venturing into town. He was very clear that we were to lay low until this blew over. But he still hadn't apologised however, and there were murmurs going around our pack mates, wanting to know how he could've done such a reckless thing as chase me through the human town in his wolf form.

I'd wondered the same thing. What had he been thinking?

However I felt the urge to jump in and defend my daddy every time one of the younger wolves grumbled about the rules being stupid and unfair or the older wolves commented on how grandad Nick wouldn't have done something so foolish. Although I'd been hurt - was still very upset with my daddy, that didn't mean I enjoyed hearing the others whisper negatively about him behind his back. He was still my daddy and I loved him despite everything - I always would.

"Yeah! Eat my ass!" Uncle Eugene yelled colourfully, jerking my mind back into the present. He was whipping his controller around his wrist like a cowboy with a lasso. The pack healer was drenched in sweat, his long ponytail flying around his head as he moved his body, the TV screaming out his perfect score. A chorus of cheering from Kamri, Lili, Ari and Archie raised the roof. We'd all been delegated to the couch while the 'adults' showed us how the dancing was truly done. 

Uncle Eugene and Uncle Caspian had been cat fighting throughout their entire dance battle. Both were tired, shiny and damp with the effort of it all and their language was getting progressively more x-rated the longer they aggressively fought it out.

Uncle Caspian pouted, snatching his carton of ever present banana milk off the coffee table pushed over to the side, out of the way. He sipped through the straw, wiping moisture off his blonde brow. "You know it's harder for me because I'm more muscular than you! I have more weight to move around! It doesn't mean you're a better dancer! Does it Mika?!" He suddenly spun, looking for me to back him up with pleading, angelic blue eyes.