Chapter 32 - 'He kidnapped the pups?'

MIKA • POV

I curled up in Archie's huge arms, content to bury my face against his muscular chest and sulk as dramatically as I could for as long as I could.

My best friend smelled like strawberry shortcakes and exploding flowers, an overwhelmingly sweet, yet comforting scent. It didn't hold a flame to Toren's mouth-watering, freshly baked cookies and vanilla ice-cream crack, but it would do for now.

"Are you going to pull yourself together or continue snotting all over me like a slug?" Archie huffed, rumbling voice interrupting my blissful sulking, his chest vibrating beneath my squished cheek.

I grumbled irritably, closing my eyes tightly as I tried to block him out. Though it was impossible to do so while practically smothering him with my weight, curled up on top of his thick, muscular thighs like well... an undignified lap dog.

"Hey, at least Kenzo isn't here to see this mess. He'd eat Archie up, and not in a good way," Robyn snorted and I had to agree with that violent assessment.

In fact, I was surprised Ren had even thought to bring me to my best friend for comfort considering he'd been less than discreet in communicating his dislike towards Archie. But I supposed he loved me so much that he could put aside his pointless jealousy.

He'd known I needed my best friend to lift me up after that horrendous talk with Daddy this morning and I loved him all the more for it.

He was so dang sweet. I missed him.

"He's been gone for a couple of hours, Mika. Did somebody say 'infatuated'?! Did somebody say 'clingy'?!"

"Shut up!"

"Excuse me! I can't paint my toes like this! Can you please excavate yourself from on top of me!?"

I held up two fingers, waving them obnoxiously above my head, supposedly right under Archie's nose judging by the annoyed grunt he let loose and the way he leaned away from me, straining to escape my wiggling hand.

"You need two minutes?" He guessed, completely unimpressed.

I waved them again, a bit more aggressively.

"Two hours?"

I dropped my hand.

"Oh absolutely not, honey. We ain't time for all of that. Pull yourself together. Fucking hell," he complained, lifting me off his lap and depositing me on the bed beside him, like he was dumping a sack of potatoes on a counter top, ready to be brushed raw, diced and boiled.

I let out an 'oof' of discomfort, before flopping back and curling up again. Big boy Mika, with his big boy luna panties, was out of commission until further notice. He was done.

"Hang that thong up on the washing line," Robyn sighed, obviously finding my spiralling emotions to be more amusing than a cause for concern. Trust your own wolf to turn your sadness into a joke.

"Hey! You can't say big boy luna panties and expect me not to laugh! I have a soul!"

Archie wasn't letting me give up and wave the white flag - I mean thong, however.

He took it upon himself to manhandle me into an upright position, plopping me down beside his muscular thigh. "Sit properly, you can't act like a child, not after the freaky-deaky sex you and Ren had last night. That would be creepy."

I almost broke my neck whipping my face up to stare at him. He snorted, brown eyes alight with a fiery humour I knew meant a whole lot of teasing would eventually be coming my way. "You look like a wolf's chew toy, Mika. He really ate you up, huh?" He smirked devilishly.