Chapter 27 - 'Forest, Forage and Fu...'

MIKA • POV

When I woke up that morning, still terribly worried about being attacked yesterday by the two sketchy-looking human men, and practically choking on a massive dick of guilt for keeping it a secret the whole time, I hadn't expected Toren to randomly propose spending a date day together.

But I was so darn elated he had.

Not only was the date an appreciated distraction from the troubling events haunting my sleep, and of course an exciting opportunity to spend more time loving up on Ren, but the regret I'd been feeling had also lessened dramatically.

Revealing a twisted, not entirely truthful version of events had shrunk the size of the guilt dick from like a deadly twelve inches, to a more manageable eight. In other, non penis-related metaphorical words... I could breathe easy again now that the secret had partly been disclosed.

Though, Toren being a responsible mate and demanding I promise to eventually tell Daddy everything by the end of the day, had my stomach twisting up in anxiety knots. It was puke inducing anxiety. Yuck.

I didn't particularly want to tell my extremely over-protective, aggressively defensive, alpha father that I was possibly being creepily stalked at my new job, let alone the fact that I'd been cornered and actually attacked by a very real threat for the first time in my entire life.

It was honestly like a distant memory belonging to someone else and I still had no idea how I'd managed to make it out of that courtyard in one piece. It was probably the adrenaline. I was certain my limp noodle arms would be defenceless if something like that were to happen again with notice.

Or, more likely, Papa seriously needed to start capitalising off his self-defence training because he'd worked a miracle turning short, little, athletically disadvantaged me into a successful fighting machine when it counted.

He could totally make bank.

Aside from that, I was rattled by the knowledge that the two humans were an actual real life threat and not an imagined scenario Papa had thought up when he was busy throwing me around like a rag doll during our training at four o'clock in the morning.

This wasn't like the times my siblings would attack me during rough play, while they were conscious and careful about hurting me. This wasn't like the time I'd tried to make a rabid hare my pet bunny and it had almost bitten my face off. This was much more serious and I wasn't the only one affected by what had happened.

Now that the initial danger and shock had passed, I was able to think more clearly about the incident and the implications of two human men desperately searching for our wolf pack to the point where they were willing to physically harm others in order to find it.

This wasn't just about me, it was about the entire pack.

These humans were much bigger than anything I'd ever faced before and if I was being completely honest with myself, I knew that telling Daddy was certainly the best thing to do for everyone involved - even if it irked me deeply to admit vulnerability and let him know his paranoia was valid.

I just... I hoped I would still have my sanity in tact by the end of that difficult conversation, so that I wouldn't be too distraught to let Toren fuck me later, like I'd demanded. Goddess forbid I get cock-blocked by my own emotions and Daddy's formidable wrath. Though no conversation involving safety and Alpha Luka had ever gone down smoothly in Moon Cave history.

"To be honest, if Toren would just let us ride him, right here, right now, against a tree, that would solve all of our problems of having to have sad-omega sex later," Robyn cut into my thoughts, still horny and heated from the promises Ren and I had exchanged to consummate our mating.