Unnecessary Grieving

(Scott’s POV)

We did it! We finally did it! Rivendell and all the other kingdoms are free of Xornoth forever. Maybe that’s a bit harsh, Xornoth was just corrupted. We should have probably tried to find a way to free him from Exor instead of just trapping him in a crystal forever.

Now that I think of it, what we did was horrible. Yes he may be safe next to my heart in a deep red crystal but did he really deserve that? Why are all these thoughts coming to me right now? This is not what I am used to.

I walk up the stairs of my house towards my bedroom suddenly feeling overwhelmed.

Xornoths my brother and we just banished him like he was nothing. I fall onto my bed and look up to the plane oak wood ceiling.

Xornoth never tried to hurt me, when we were young and now! I fought him and hit him first. He was only defending himself, right?

Xornoth has always been okay to me no matter what! Even with the corruption, he never put a lot of corruption in Rivendell, our home. I'm so stupid, why did I do that?

I feel really bad now. I was acting like a monster. I was acting like I was corrupted. I am the bad one here. He didn't deserve any of that.

I hadn’t realised I had been crying until I heard a knock coming from downstairs. I quickly stood up and went to the door. As the ‘cold hearted elf’ I am meant to be, I wiped my eyes and put a blank face on, hoping no one would see any unusual emotion.

                   (Gems POV)

Once I get to Rivendell I knock on the door gentilly, not loud enough to anger the cold hearted elf but enough so he’d hear.

There was a bit of a wait before he finally opened the door.

“Gem?” He said and looked at me with no emotion. But I could see right through that. Mainly because he had red bloodshot eyes which is a sign of either being tired or he had been crying. Which I don't understand why he'd be any of them.

He also had a necklace of what looked like Xornoths crystal hanging from his neck. It didn’t match any of his outfit but who am I to judge?

“Are you okay Scott?” I ask him whilst keeping eye contact so the smallest emotion wouldn’t be missed.

“Yes.” He replies quickly, almost too quickly. “Why are you here Gem?”

“You should know why I’m here. I’ve come to talk about the feast that you were planning. I told Shrub and Katherine and they both said they’d be happy to help.” I tell him.

A hint of happiness comes across his face when I say Shrub and Katherine but he quickly closes that away.

“Oh, well if you all come at like… 11am tomorrow with a bunch of stuff we can all set it up together. I think I have an idea where.” He says.

“Okay that sounds good! I'll go tell them.” I look at him one more time before leaving. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

He seemed to hesitate for a second and went to say something before shutting his mouth again and frowned at me.

“Gem, I'm fine.” He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I open my elytra and glide up into the air with my rockets that I got from Fwhip.

             *******************

I didn't mention in the description but the chapters may be a bit short. I hope that okay because currently I have no motivation :(

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!