// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠 //

hiraeth - part two

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n had befriended Gohan after he walked her home that day, and it had been over a week since then. However, it suddenly felt like it had been forever since Y/n had seen him, and she felt like a portion of her memories were gone.

Then not even a few moments ago, Gohan ran up to Y/n while she was standing at her locker, pulling her into a tight embrace. Unknown to Y/n, he and his friends had hers and the entire Earth's memories wiped of the events with Buu. And also unbeknownst to her, Gohan had witnessed her death, making him miss her that much more.

"Y/n! How are you?" He asked, stepping back as it took Y/n a moment to process his actions. She smiled however, happy to be hanging out with him again.

"Oh, I'm fine. You haven't been around very much, I missed you." Y/n said. Gohan chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry, I promise I'll hang out with you more. In fact, I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me, meet all my friends, even my dad!" He said. Y/n's eyes widened, surprised. His dad? She thought he was dead. But Y/n had also remembered Gohan telling her about the Dragon Balls, assuming they had just brought him back.

"I'd love to! When is it?" She asked. Gohan chuckled, happy that his friend had accepted. Honestly, he wasn't sure how Y/n would feel after everything, or how much she would remember. He was glad to see that she was completely normal and happy.

"This weekend. I'll come and pick you up, okay?" Gohan said. He leaned in close with a smirk, whispering in her ear. "I'll even fly you there, how's that sound?"

Y/n squealed in excitement. She had been practicing so hard to fly, now she'd finally get to experience it. She grabbed Gohan's hands, squeezing them tightly as she grinned.

"Yes, I'd love that! Thank you so much, Gohan!" Y/n wrapped her arms around him, surprising the boy. He had never seen her so excited and happy. It filled him with a comforting warmth to know he was the reason she was opening up and being more happy.

The two made their way to class together, only this time, Y/n had to part ways with him. Gohan looked at her in confusion. He hadn't been gone long enough to forget that they shared a class.

"What? You're not coming to class? Why not?" He questioned. Y/n chuckled, looking away nervously. She wasn't sure how well Gohan would take it, considering Erasa took the news horribly.

"I... Have to start studying in private for my final exams. Graduating students are starting to prepare now that the school year will be ending soon." Y/n explained. Gohan frowned, sad that their time to hang out together was now cut short.

"Well... it's alright. We'll spend time together at the party, and we could hang out outside of school too." He said. Y/n nodded, before stepping back.

She had to bid Gohan goodbye for now, as the bell had rang, signalling that it was time to get to class. Waving, she walked away, leaving the boy to his thoughts.

Gohan had felt horrible for the events that had taken place leading up to Y/n's death. It wasn't even Buu that had killed her, rather Vegeta.

Before having her memories erased, Gohan had actually invited her to the Martial Arts World Tournament, which he had been blackmailed into by Videl.

It was there where Y/n met his friends. She had even met his father, Son Goku, who she seemed... Strangely enamored by. She kept asking Gohan questions, like why he had a halo, why he had come back, etc.