The Remenants of a Fire

"Y/N, get upstairs..." Diluc says with fury in his eyes. "Now!" He yells. Y/N runs up as quickly as possible.

Diluc POV

✦•··································································•✦•·········································································•✦

'I can't believe it.' I thought while spreading myself out on a barstool. 'Y/N half naked with a bunch of drunkards...' I place my hand on my forehead. 'They should know better then this'. I sigh 'but it's not their fault...'... "it's those drunkards."

I stand up out of my chair and head to the door. When I open it I'm greeted by a bunch of drunken nobodies.

"Jane Austin, Timothy Kimberly, And Cameron Kim. Front and centre." They approached me timidly. I knew I had to ease their nerves so they could trust me to take them back to the tavern for... a special mix.

"I would like to thank you for letting my dear Y/N have some fun." I say. They stare profound at me. "They've been working non stop at the winery. All preparing a special mix. I want you to try it." I lead them into the tavern.

I opened Y/N's door to find them already asleep. Their body so peaceful, A tranquil stable breath, relaxed face... I can't dwell on them too much. Their my only weakness and I hate it. I closed the door with a smile on my face... And locked it.

I went back downstairs to mix the special concoction.

Wait for it

I hand it to the misfits

Wait for it

They drink it

Wait for it

"It's delicious! And to think that Y/n made this!" Jane says with joy plastered on her face.

I unsheathe my great-sword unbeknown to them.

"ITS TIME FOR... RETRIBUTION!!" I scream setting them ablaze. The concoction only aiding in their demise.

They were a flaw in my Y/n's life.

Now their slowly burning away. Soon to be nothing but ashes. The remnants of a fire.

I took their ashes and threw them in the fire for kindling. I then head upstairs to Y/n's room.

So peaceful yet again. When I'm with them the weight is taken off my shoulders.

I want to keep them in my arms forevermore... but not now... it's not the right time yet. I'll wait... for them.

A smile creeps upon my face as I close the door.

Nobody will guide my Y/n down the wrong path.