When Will you Learn! That your Actions have Conciquinces!

Diluc POV

I slump down on a armchair beside their bed. "All I want to do is protect them..." I say to myself solemnly.

"It's not love I swear!" I tell myself! "It might be closer to dispare" I say as I place my hand on my forehead rubbing my temple.

"They make me feel complete but they never stay to fix my puzzle... it's one task after another... clean the barracks, re-tile the roof, get turner his medicine, cook dinner" I rant out. "Those aren't even their jobs! Their job is literally to be by my side and 'keep me safe'!" I yell out.

My precious y/n that I worked so hard to get and to keep here turns their beautiful face towards me while stirring in their sleep. 1:30 as usual.

Ug. Why must they be so tempting. Just to kiss them now would feel like heaven on earth.

I bring my face in closer to theirs. I get a whiff of their sickeningly sweet scent. I want to so bad. No I need to...

As my face is mere inches from theirs I close my eyes and...

"What do you think you're doing Diluc?" They say eyes ajar, red flushed cheeks, their vibrant e/c siren like eyes staring at me tenaciously.

They chuckle lightly and I shove their head into their pillow muffling their heavy belly laugh. Even though I love their laugh I just feel so... embarrassed that they saw me so close to feeling more complete.

I remove the pillow from their face and they ask "what are you doing up so late, Diluc?" I love it when they say my name. They say the "luc" in Diluc so beautifully.

"Diluc?" They say waving their soft hand in front of my face.

They lean in closer as I'm in gaga land.

As they blink slowly fluttering their eyelashes, they close their lips and...

"Wake up!" They say playfully smacking me across the head.

"Hey what was that for!" I yell at them. "You we're spacing out so I pulled your head out of the clouds!" They say smugly.

I would let them pull my head anywhere as long as they're with me.

"Tell me about the accident Diluc..." They say holding my hand. Now this brought me back from my fantasy. Now I have to lie and say such dastardly things to keep my darling Y/n here with me.

"The fatui got hold of some classified information of mine you can't even comprehend..." I say looking away

"You're the Red Knight?" They say nonchalantly

"How did you know! That information has been heavily guarded!" I say perplexed as to how they know that.

"It was kinda obvious... especially since we spend so much time together." They say calmly

"Anyways, the fatui found out that I was the Red night. And they must have seen me as a threat to their villainous plan. So they tried to put me out of commission." I say ashamed... well acting ashamed.

"And where does that lead to me being tied up in Dragonspine?" They question with a quirked brow.

"They knew how crippled I was after my father's death. I was practically bed ridden if it weren't for you giving me hope." I say staring into their enchanting e/c eyes.

They grace me with a smile as I stare at their adorable face covered in the features that I adore.

"They decided to take you away from me to re-evoke the incredible feeling of loss I felt. Based on the vision theory I should've gotten a anemo vision. Maybe it's due to my intense devotion to my father's legacy. And to you as well..." I say looking back at them with my attempt of a smile. How could I smile after lying to them!

"They left me a ransom note with a picture of you bound up in your pyjamas in Dragonspine. I could see the cold eating away at your flesh. Enraged I accidentally burnt the picture and this is all I have left of it."

I hand them a charred up scrapbooked photo. Before it was burned it looked like a horrible scrapbook of long distances friends. But when I burned some of the bad parts off you could vaguely see the two fatui and Y/n in their arms.

They squint their eyes at the photo trying to make it out. I held my breath until they hand it back to me. "These fatui were horrible photographers." They say. I release the tension in my lungs and continue my story.

"The randsom was half the amount of the winery's income annually. So instead of paying the ransom I turned ownership over to Kaeya and rescue you from the fatui."

"Now every fatui, treasure hoarder, hillichirul, and bounty hunter has our headshots..." I say handing them the forgery bounty made by Albedo.

He and I have a form of alliance in the name of love. He has a thing for the traveller and I have more than a thing for Y/n. He helps me get away with taking them for my own. And in turn I'll help him as well.

Immediately, Y/n shot up and attempted to unsheathe their weapon. Realizing they have no weapon they said "hehe, force of habit..." with their sweet chuckle.

"Why can't we just run and gun our way out! Or tell Jean! Jean will surly help up!" They asked eyes wide open. "I... may have, or may not have engaged in combat with one of the harbingers..." I said sheepishly.

"Did you win?"

...

"I battled a harbinger and all you ask is did I win!?"

...

"But did you?"

"Yeah... barely"

"Well congrats and let's go out there and kick some fatui behind!" They say while attempting to leave the room.

I block their path using my larger size and hold their shoulder. "I can't let you get hurt again..." I say staring into their eyes with pain.

"And I can't let you live in fear..." they shove me aside with some unknown strength.

"Stooop your gonna make me do something I'll regret!" I say angered. lighting my hand aflame and using my other to search through my pocket.

"And what will that be Mr. Hotshot?" They say swaying their hips towards me. Wrapping their arms ever so lightly around my neck. Practically taunting me to do the same.

I take out a small green stick and bring it closer to my flame. Y/n then takes my hand and kisses it lightly on the top.

"There's another reason I boarded up the windows" I say lighting the stick.

"And what'll that be for?" They ask slowly getting weaker.

"Poor ventilation"

Your POV:

I start fumbling being unable to tell my left foot from right. I grab onto Diluc as tight as I can.

"Diluc... wha-What'sssss going on?" I ask trying to steady my breathing.

"Don't worry my love..." he says picking me up.

"What did you call mmme?" I ask staring into his eyes perplexed.

"Lov-"

I feel my arms weakening as my legs unbuckle.

"I-I can't feel my legs... I can't feel... anything..." I say as the colours start fading...

"Diluc?"

"Yes Darling?"

"I-"

...