𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 - 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙮

Y/N's POV

*two days later*

Arizona and Derek comes into the room and tells me and Jake that it was time to take Aliyah to surgery. I nod my head yes and I kissed Aliyah's forehead. Then they took her away.

Arizona: *looks back at me* we'll take good care of her y/n, don't worry.

Y/n: *smiles a little and nods*

Derek and Arizona goes up to the OR and starts to scrub in.

Arizona's POV

Derek: Alright everybody it's a beautiful day to save lives. Let's have some fun.

All the interns and surgeons then put on their surgical gowns and gloves. Then the surgery starts.

Derek: Ten blade

The surgical nurse hands him the ten blade and he starts to operate on Aliyah.

*A few hours later*

Aliyah starts seizing.

Derek: Shit!

Arizona: shepherd what the hell is happening?!

Derek: She's having a seizure

Arizona: I know that, but why? Everything you did has been perfect.

Derek: I know and when I got the tumor out it must have caused her to start seizing it happens most of the time. Just try and keep her steady.

I keep Aliyah steady and a few minutes later she stops seizing.

The surgery is over and I close Aliyah and then I scrub out. Then after I scrubbed out I followed Derek to tell y/n the news.

Y/N's POV

I see Arizona and Derek coming my way so I stood up worried.

Derek: Y/n the surgery went really well and we got the tumor out. Aliyah is okay you can stop worrying now.

Y/n: *smiles* thank you so much Derek! *hugs him*

Derek: *smiles and hugs me back* your very welcome y/n

Arizona: *smiles*

Y/n: don't worry Arizona, I didn't forget about you. Thank you

Arizona: I told you we'd keep her safe and I keep my promises to the people I care about.

Y/n: *smiles* can we see her?

Derek: of course, come on

He leads us to the room Aliyah is in. I see Aliyah and I walked over to her and I held her hand.

Y/n: *talking to Aliyah* your okay now my beautiful baby *smiles* just rest and you'll get better soon.

I took a chair and I pull it closer to where Aliyah is at and I sit down still holding on to her little hand while Jake stands behind me. Then Derek and Arizona left the room to give us some space.

Y/n: *smiling, but a little bit worried, but still relieved that Aliyah survived*

*two weeks later*

Aliyah is doing better than ever and she hadn't had a seizure since the surgery and Arizona is going with me to my house to decorate the nursery.

It had been a few hours and me and Arizona finally finished setting up the nursery.

*the nursery*

Y/n: Arizona?

Y/n: Arizona?

Arizona: yeah?

Y/n: I'm going to miss a whole month of my internship.

Arizona: and?

Y/n: I can fail my internship and I won't become a surgeon.

Arizona: *laughs*

Y/n: why are you laughing?

Arizona: oh you were serious

Y/n: of course I'm serious!

Arizona: *smiles* y/n you won't fail your internship, because you're already an amazing surgeon and out of all the interns in your group you are the best one even Richard knows that.

Y/n: really?

Arizona: Yeah and if I had to choose one intern that is talented I would pick you.

Y/n: thanks *smiles* um we should head back to the hospital, I really want to see Aliyah.

Arizona: okay let's go

We leave my house and we drive to the hospital. It was a 5 minute drive because my house is really close by. We get out of the car and enter the hospital.

Derek: hey y/n!

Y/n: hey Derek!

Derek: you want to hear some good news?

Y/n: what's the good news?

Derek: Aliyah is doing amazing and she is responding very well to her medication and since she's healthy, you can take her home today.

Y/n: really?!

Derek: yes now go *smiles*

Author's note
I'm sorry that this chapter had a lot of time jumps.