chapter-0३

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT. 1—SCENE 03.

Third Person's POV

The clanking sound of swords was echoing all around the practice area. Two warriors; Yudhishtir and Yashaswani, wearing a white practice dress and a white cloth covering their face were practicing their sword skills. Yudhishtira ran forward with sword gripped his hand in attack position. Yashaswani blocked it by her sword. Yudhishtira continued to attack her while she defended. He intended to disarm her with his strong blows on the other hand she wanted to camouflage herself in the pillars next to her. 

She stood in between the pillars now. He charged at her again, but she hid behind the pillar causing his sword to clash with the pillar making him loose balance. She came up from behind but before she could charge at him, he turned around and held her blow. Yashaswani applied pressure on her to make him lose his sword, but he resisted it. He pushed her back and swung his sword at her, but she ducked. Their swords clashed again, this time Yashaswani was in attack mode. Yudhishtira was defending himself from her blows.

She pushed him back at the pillar locking him between both their swords before she could claim her victory, he pushed her back and hid behind the pillar. She came up from the back and attacked him, the duel was now getting serious for none of them were winning. Yudhistira gave a strong swing which she defended. He kept applying more pressure causing her wrist to hurt. She placed her free hand on the wrist to support the sword, before he could make her sword fall a handmaiden entered distracting him.

"Yuvraj, Rajkumari. Maharaj has requested your presence in the court." Yudhishitira turned around at her words, causing him to loosen his grip on his sword. Taking advantage of the situation, Yashaswani removed her sword from beneath and pushed its tip in the hilt of his sword and successfully taking out of her brother's hand, hence winning in the duel.

"Yashaswani, this isn't fair! I was about to win before the attendant distracted me." Yudhishtira pointed out.

"Victory is victory, bhrata. I have defeated you! Always remember -a moment's distraction can change the duel's outcome. A slight distraction can bring defeat or worse--death!" Yashaswani dramatically said. "It is you who taught me that!

"I know." Yudhishitira said finally accepting his defeat. "Never knew the day would come when a student will be teaching her teacher."

"Not teaching, just reminding." Yashaswani corrected as both of them placed the sword in their respective places.

"Maharaj must have called us for the rajyaabhishek. (coronation)" he wondered.

"Hopefully." Yashaswani amusingly said making her brother give her a look. They started walking towards their chambers when Yudhishitira began speaking again.

"I have been thinking that we should try to befriend Angraj--" he trailed off waiting for his sister's reaction.