chapter-२५

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ACT 2. — SCENE 14 .

Third Person's POV

Yashaswani sat in Draupadi's chambers while their handmaidens packed their clothes for the trip to Hastinapur. Yashaswani had barely said anything, she just sat quietly which she usually did but this time her silence was different. The way her lips were in a frown, her forehead creased and her eyes dull, one look at her and anyone would know that she was battling a mental battle. A battle where her mind tells her that she won't be getting out of this life of misery for it was entitled to her while her heart tells her to believe in her Narayan for, he would surely come to her rescue. 

Pandusuta's dreary look wasn't hidden from Drupadputri either. She couldn't bear to see her sakhi in such state. She couldn't help feel guilty, somewhere deep down in heart she felt that maybe all of this happening because of her father's curse. Maybe it's the curse that's preventing her soul sister from getting that she deserves. She kept a consoling hand on Parthvi's shoulders.

"Don't be worried Yashi, your brothers will surely find a way to help you." Yashaswani sighed at her words.

"Neither should you be Panchali, it's not your fault that I am in such a state. If anything it might be my fault." 

"It's not your fault sakhi." Yashaswani looked in the eyes of Draupadi.

"It is Panchali. It's my fault. Mohana loved me, he kept loving me even when I didn't know that I am in love with him. I feel that maybe it's too late, maybe I am too late to realize and he may not come to take me. After all he has eight beautiful and wise wives, who have a stable family and can look after themselves as well. Maybe he is better without me--"

"He is not sakhi!" Panchali couldn't help but yell at her. She was infuriated at Ayonija( the one who isn't born from a womb) for belittling herself.

 "Can't you see that even he is miserable without you?! He has eight beautiful, wise wives, who are a part of his soul but so are you. Every time he has left, he has felt nothing but pain, he can't live without you Yashi," Panchali held Ayonija by her shoulders,"He needs you as much as you need him and he will never be better without you." 

Yashaswani's lower lip slightly quivered, she pulled Yagyaseni into a tight hug. Panchali rubbed her back slightly to soothe her. "Trust your brothers and Govind sakhi, just trust them."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You expect me to go to a wedding where my family isn't invited because they don't consider us worthy enough to be a kshatriya?!" Subhadra exclaimed, Dhananjaya cowered a bit at her words knowing that she did have a point.