𝙸𝚅

I JUST GOT A PRETTY DRESS IM CRYING

*The next day*

I heard giggling outside of my office so I got up and opened the door, seeing Suzy talking to y/n.

I walked up to them and Suzy looked at me "Hey, what's Up?" She asked, pointing at the tv, where Up was playing.

I smiled "Oh ha ha."

Y/n giggled at Suzy's pun.

"Good one, Suz."

Suzy smiled at y/n and said "Thanks."

"Can you get me my bottle of water? It's on the counter."

"Yeah, I'll get it for you, in fact, I'll get one for me too." She said as she stood up.

Y/n smiled "Thank you, Suz." 

"You're welcome!" She said as she walked away.

"Hey." She said quietly, her voice full of emotion.

"Yeah?"

"Did Suzy tell you why I so desparately need a job?"

"No, I didn't even know that it was desperate."

"I'm so behind on my rent for my apartment, so please contact me a-s-a-p, I really need the money..."

"How long have you been looking for a job?" I asked.

"I've been looking around for jobs for a long time, and no one would take me because I wouldn't have any experience for that job, my whole life has been a catch-22. I need a job to get experience, but I need experience to get a job."

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

I nodded.

"Yes. I do."

I sighed "Alright, how much money do you need?" I asked as I took my wallet out of my pocket.

Her eyes went wide as she gasped, putting her hand over her mouth as I opened it, "No no no no no, I couldn't."

"How much?" I asked again.

She was quiet.

"I'm doing you a small favor, I wouldn't want you to get evicted while I think about this."

"Small? You're giving me money!" Her voice was hushed.

"Hey, I'd do this for anyone here, and besides you're Suzy and Arins friend, I'm sure they don't want you to get evicted, how much do you need?"

"$349." She hung her head in shame.

I nodded and I pulled out $400.

"Here, don't mention this to anyone, alright?" I motioned the money to her.

She reluctantly took the money and pulled out her phone, took off the case, folded the money so it would fit in the case, and then put it back on.

"Thank you, you have a soft heart, I'm gonna go cry happy tears now." She smiled and hugged me.

"Tell Suzy I went to the bathroom."

Then she disappeared into the bathroom.

A minute later Suzy came back with two water bottles.

She looked around for a second.

"Where'd y/n go?"

"To the bathroom."

Suzy smiled "That was obvious."

"It's like she sent me out of the room so she could get rid of me." She smiled as she paused the movie.

"I'm sure that wasn't her intention." I said as I sat down on the couch.

She smiled "I know, I was just kidding."

"Did she say anything before she left?"

I shook my head "Not really, all she said was that she was gonna go to the bathroom."

After a few minutes, she came back, and she smiled as she saw Suzy.

"Hey Suz." She said as she sat down next to her on the couch.

She got a message on her phone and she pulled it out of her pocket.

Her face changed "Ooh.."

"I gotta go, my landlord needs to talk to me." She said as she stood up.

She hugged Suzy as Arin walked out of the meeting room.

"I knew it, you're trying to steal my wife from me!" He jokingly exclaimed as he pointed at y/n.

"Damn straight! You took her from me first!" She said as she giggled, giving Arin a secret handshake they made up.

They have a handshake?

At the end of their handshake, they gave each other a high five.

"I'll see you later Arin, I gotta bounce." She said.

"You know you're always welcome to stay."

"I can't, my landlord's bitching about my late payment."

"Do you need any money?" Arin asked.

"No, I have a secret stash of money somewhere in my apartment." She said and looked at me.

"Well if you need any money I could always lend you some money."

"Thanks, Arin, I'll remember that for when I need it."