𝚅𝙸

*Two days later*

I got to the office and I saw y/n talking to Arin.

I was carrying boxes out from the now empty room.

I put it on the floor for now, and I walked up to Arin and y/n.

"Hey Arin, hey y/n."

They both looked at me, and said their hellos.

"Hey, Dan." Arin said.

"Hey." Y/n said.

"I'll be right back." She said and walked off.

I smile, thinking of a joke.

"She walked away as soon as I walked over here, wow, it's almost as if she doesn't like me." I jokingly pointed out.

Arin scoffed "That's not why she left, Dan."

"She's just a little too overwhelmed, and she wants to go take a breather by herself."

"Ah, yes."

"She can decorate the room to her liking, in her free time of course." I said.

"So the room is ready for tables and monitors?"

"Yes, absolutely."

Y/n came back with a box full of stuff, and she set it down on the floor.

"Hey, what's that?"

"I'm gonna decorate whenever I have time."

"We were literally just talking about that." Arin said.

"I know, I heard, I had it on the table in the tv room."

Arin chuckles.

I smiled.

"Am I allowed to paint the boring white wall?" She asked.

I looked at Arin.

And he looked at me.

We looked back at her and Arin asked "What color are you planning on painting the wall?"

"Obviously a color that you'll let me color it."

"Yes, which would be..." I said, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know... I was thinking mint green or turquoise."

"Aren't those the same col-" I started to ask.

"Dan, no, don't ever ask that question to y/n, she will yell at you." Arin said.

Y/n giggled "I don't yell, I just firmly speak."

"No, I asked you if turquoise and teal were the same color and you yelled at me for two hours straight explaining how different the colors are, an-" Arin was cut off, his voice filled with excitement and amusement.

Y/n tried to butt in.

"No! No y/n! Let me finish! After you were done yelling at me, you didn't talk to me for a week." Arin said before laughing.

"That seems a little much." I said.

"She was angry, Dan."

"Well... you're not you when you're hungry, have a snickers." I said and y/n smiled.

"I love snickers."

"We have some if you want some."

"Okay are they the full-size ones or are they the tiny ones?"

"Full size."

She went quiet.

"I love this place."

"Do you guys mind if I listen to music while I work?"

"No, not at all." Arin said without asking me.

I made a confused look.

She smiled and grabbed her box before she went into her office.

"Isn't listening to music a little hazardous if you can't hear the fire alarm go off?"

"She doesn't use earbuds, or headphones, she plays it from the speaker on her phone, and she'll have it quiet enough for only her to hear it."

"Oh, good to know."

"Depending on her mood yelling makes her overstimulated sometimes so she might use a louder speaker to drown it out."

"Overstimulated? Does she have adhd?" I asked.

"No."

"Autism?"

"Yep, like people with adhd, she likes to fiddle with things while she talks to people, and she tends to zone out from time to time so if she zones out while you're talking to her, it's not your fault."

"Ah, good to know."

"Yeah, when she's having fun, and laughing and stuff, she can be a little loud, just tell her nicely to calm down a bit."

I nod.

"Alright, will do."

"When she's having a bad day, however,-it takes a lot to shake her bubbly personality though, so it's highly unlikely-, she'll tend to ignore everybody,-again, nobody's fault, unless... it was you who popped her patience, don't make her angry, she'll call out your biggest insecurity." He said, slightly angry.

"She barely knows me." I put my hands up in surrender.

"She knows you Dan, she read you like a book, she reads everyone like a book."

"I swear to god Dan, that girl can read minds."

"Two rules when we're hanging out with y/n, 1) do not fuck up her day, and 2) if you do purely accidentally mess up her day, give her a KitKat."

"Okay, I hear you dude, thanks for letting me know." I said.