𝚇𝚇𝙸

After a minute, Arin had calmed down.

"David is in the fridge because Vernon put him in there to prank you." He said to Dan.

"There's no way, Vernon hates David Cheeseman. He would never even touch him." Dan said.

My watch dinged again, and I looked at it.

"I'm throwing a party and I want you there."

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Oh my god." I smiled.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it, responding to the messages, not listening to Dan and Arins conversation.

"Yeah, I'm free, who else
is going to be there?"

"Just a couple of our friends,
they're bringing drinks."

Wow, it's been a long time since I've had a sip of alcohol, this does sound like a good party though, it's small, and it's been awhile since I've seen all of my friends at once.

"Count me in, I'll bring my
butterscotch schnapps :)"

"Omg, you so would, and I
would love it if you could like...
maybe leave the bottle? I love
butterscotch schnapps so much lmao."

I rolled my eyes again, smiling at my friend.

"Actually, yeah, I haven't touched
the bottle in a while, you can have
it once everyone had what they
want, and if the bottles empty at
the end of the night, I'll buy you
another bottle of schnapps. :)"

"OMG I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL!"

"What'cha doin?" Arin asked me as annoyingly as possible.

"Texting my friend, Kayla." I said, putting my phone away.

*Later that night, at like 7*

I had convinced Dan to drop me off at Kaylas house, I got out of the car, walked over to the drivers side and leaned over into the window.

"When do you want to be picked up?" He asked.

"Before twelve, I get cranky if I don't get my seven hours." I smirked.

"And when I pick you up, do you want to come to my place, or your own? I'm only asking because I don't know how you and alcohol mix together." He said,

I smiled, "You're so sweet, but I won't drink that much, I'm only here because my friends are here, I haven't spoken to all of them in so long."

"I'll watch what I drink." I said and kissed his cheek.

"See you in four hours." I smiled, and then he kissed my lips.

"See you babe." He said and I went inside.

*In four hours*

Dan's pov

I pulled up to Y/ns' friends house and I knocked on the door, and someone who wasn't Y/n answered.

"Hey, is Y/n here? I'm here to pick her up."

I heard music and an angelic voice from inside.

The woman looked at me suspiciously, then she made a face like something clicked.

"Oh! You must be Dan. Please, come in." She giggled nervously.

She lead me inside to the living room, and there Y/n stood, singing "Somewhere Only We Know." karaoke.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on. So, tell me when you're gonna let me in." She sang.

I stared in awe at Y/ns' voice, it was so angelic and... ethereal.

"And if you have a minute why don't we go... Talk about it somewhere only we know? This could be the end of everything."

I was still trying to process how beautiful her voice was when her friend offered me a drink.

"Oh, no thanks, I'm going... to take her home." I said, distracted by her singing.

"It's just water." She said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks."

It was now towards the end of the song, where every lyric now has so much more emotion in it then at the beginning.

"Have you not heard her sing before?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No, but I've heard her hum."

"She's starting to trust you, give her more time, she'll sing around you eventually."

"Does she do this at every party?" I asked and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, she does. She only does it when she's had a bit to drink."

"This could be the end of everything... So, why don't we go somewhere only we know?"

I smiled at her proudly, her beautiful voice now a treasure to my ears.

She giggled when the song ended, putting the microphone down.

"Encore!" Her friends shouted.

Y/n was soaking up this attention, and she seemed to love it.

She looked at her watch, checking the time.

"Guys, I can't, I have to be getting home now."

She bumped into me, then looked at who she bumped into.

"Dan." She said like she was surprised.

I smiled at her and said, "That was beautiful."

She smiled.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"You're welcome."

There was a comfortable silence.

"Come on, let's get you home." I smiled.