Chapter 2

Ruby opens her eyes slowly as she began to take in her surroundings, she realized she is in a medical wing as she can see soldiers being attended to. As Ruby weakly gets up.

Ruby: Ugh.....where am I?

???: You're in the Medical Ward of our Base Ruby.

As Ruby looks towards the voice and sees someone she didn't expect to see at all.

Ruby: Jaune? Is that you?

Jaune: Yup, the one and only.

As Jaune and Mercury enter the Medical Ward as they are now wearing the standard Branwen Corporation Uniform.

The only difference is both Jaune and Mercury are not wearing long sleeves and opted for a black shirt with some armor padding and they are both not wearing their helmet, Mercury has red sunglasses and Jaune has an earpiece on him

The only difference is both Jaune and Mercury are not wearing long sleeves and opted for a black shirt with some armor padding and they are both not wearing their helmet, Mercury has red sunglasses and Jaune has an earpiece on him. Both of their Hairs are slicked back.

Jaune: The one and only.

As Ruby went to hug Jaune but when she did she just realizes now what just happened to her as she looks at her left arm and right leg as she realizes they're both gone, she even sees that her vision on her left side is gone as well as without her realizing it, the tears just start falling off her eyes.

Jaune: Hey, hey, take it easy there Ruby. It's okay you're safe now.

Ruby: What-wh-what happened to me?

Mercury: We found you in a Courtyard in Mantle with multiple stab wounds, you we're bleeding out. You we're lucky we were there to save you or else you would've died.

Ruby: Uhm, I'm sorry but who are you?

Jaune: Ruby this is Mercury Black, he is my best friend and partner in crime next to Adam Taurus.

Ruby: I see, so....how bad were my injuries?

Jaune: Very bad Ruby. The damage that was done to you is extensive, we spoke to the Medics and they said you need heavy prosthetics for this, we're not sure if you can return to Beacon due to your condition.

Ruby: Who...Who did this to me?

As Jaune looks towards Mercury as he nods and brings out a datapad as Ruby can see him clicking something as he began to show Ruby, footage of what appears to be a outside area.

Mercury: We we're able to record footage of what happened to you. Turns out we had one of our drones surveying the area and found this.

As Ruby watches the footage and sees both her and Weiss in the Courtyard, she remembers this because Weiss told her they needed to regroup somewhere away from the Atlas Soldiers, then it happened. Ruby sees Weiss stab her from behind as she falls to the floor, Ruby closes her eyes as she didn't want to believe but when she opens her eyes she sees Weiss continuously stabbing her in the stomach as she began to cut off her arm. Jaune notices Ruby's reaction and decided to end it.