Chapter 4

It's been a couple of weeks since the arrival of Ruby Rose in the Branwen Corporation and so far she has been doing extremely well, proving herself to be an effective operator in the ranks.

Both Raven and Jaune we're worried about Ruby, as they know she isn't the kind of person that will join a PMC, knowing she wants to be a Huntsman like her Mother and she isn't known to be fond of killing people. But Jaune believed after the incident with Weiss, Ruby decided to leave that life behind.

Right now both Jaune and Raven are in her office discussing plans about what's next for the Corporation.

Jaune: So with us securing Mantle, all it's resources and lands are in our control.

Raven: The only problem is Atlas, despite raising themselves up towards the sky. They will run out of resources eventually and will get desperate and steal from us.

Jaune: That's why I made contingency plans for it and you know which one I'm talking about.

Raven: Jaune...

Jaune: I know what you're thinking Rae but Project Manticore is still in developement, we have yet to find the perfect scientist to finish the project.

Raven: Yes, but this project is a last case scenario. We have other projects we can start, with Pietro on the helm it will be a smooth process for us.

Jaune: Indeed, now then on to our other problem.

As Jaune projected a map of Vale as majority of the map has red markers all over it.

Jaune: The Malachite Twins came through with the intel they got from Vale and Ozpin has no other options left, with the Vytal Festival coming up and with Atlas gone. The Council is demanding Ozpin finds a suitable means of security for the Festival and I think you have an idea on who can be the suitable candidate.

Raven: Of course, Ozpin may reject our proposal but the Council won't.

Jaune: Indeed, Ozpin can't do anything as the Council is getting desperate and this could be the perfect oppurtunity for us to take control of Vale. But we need to leave Amber out of this one.

Raven nods at this, with Amber in their custody. Ozpin would convince her to bring Amber back to their hands. Raven knows she trusts Jaune with everything she has told him about the secret war and knows Jaune is making plans to end this as quickly as they can.

Raven: Yes, after we rescued her from her attackers we're lucky that she didn't get her powers stolen.

Jaune: There's also the problem with the White Fang.

Raven: Yes from what Adam told us, the White Fang that he brought to Vale has turned on him.

Jaune: Yes, he was angry that some crazed scorpion kept rambling about Salem and that she will give them all the power they need to forward their goals to dominante humanity. Adam found it all to be nonsence and nearly got killed for it.

Raven: Yup, that's why he's hellbent on setting things right for the White Fang. He's not that crazed psychopath that everyone knows.

Jaune: Well, his ex would think otherwise.

As Raven shares a laugh with Jaune.

Raven: I'll make the necessary preparations for us to head to Vale. Gather the Squad Jaune and be ready for deployment.

Jaune nods as he stand up from his chair and exits the room as Raven began making calls.

Jaune then makes his way to one of the Hangar Bays in the base as he makes his way inside and sees both Adam and Mercury, he heads towards them.