Chapter Six

As the five friends sit there chatting the food trolly comes along "Anything from the trolley dears?" the witch asks. Harry jumps up before the others can "Five pumpkin pasties, five bottles of pumpkin juice, five chocolate frogs and a pack of Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans please." he smiles. The witch smiles and gives him his food and drink "Anything else for anyone?" she asks, taking the money from Harry. "No thank you." Hermione responds as the others shake their heads. The witch nod and walks down to the next compartment, Harry passes out what he bought for everyone "Thanks Harry." they all respond. "No problem, technically it's from Padfoot as he gave me the money." Harry shrugs, taking a bite of his pastie. "We never asked." Matty starts. "Why do you call them Padfoot and Moony?" Eliza finishes. "School nicknames, my dad was best friends with them at Hogwarts and they gave each other the nicknames in fifth year. I've called me Padfoot and Moony as long as I can remember." Harry responds. Ron nods "Same here, my brothers, sister and I call them the same. Only our parents use their actual names." he adds. "Same with me." Hermione nods.

As they talk Neville walks over to their compartment, looking sad "Nev, what's wrong?" Harry asks. "I've lost Trevor! He keeps getting away from me!" Neville responds. "He'll turn up." Harry tells him. "Yes. Well, if you see him..." Neville trails off. "We'll let you know Nev." Harry assures him. Neville nods and walks down the corridor sadly. "Poor Neville. I hope he finds Trevor." Hermione says sadly. "He'll turn up, he always does." Harry assures her. "What house are your brothers in?" Matty asks Ron. "Gryffindor, Mum and Dad were in it, too. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin." Ron says. "Ron! There's nothing wrong with Slytherin! For the hundredth time!" Hermione exclaims. "Look at Padfoot's family though! And You Know Who was in Slytherin!" Ron tells her. "Yes but also Merlin, Professor Slughorn who taught Padfoot, Moony, Harry's parents and your parents potions, Andromeda, who is Padfoot's cousin and Salazar Slytherin himself!" Hermione lists. "Our mum and dad were in Slytherin and weren't bad or evil." Eliza tells Ron. "In fact mum always tells us that dad is the bravest person she knows." Matty adds. "See." Harry tells his best friend. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Ron sighs. "So what do your oldest brothers do now that they've left, anyway?" Eliza asks, moving away from the topic of houses. "Charlie's in Romania studying dragons, and Bill's in Africa doing something for Gringotts. Did you hear about Gringotts? It's been all over the Daily Prophet, someone tried to rob a high security vault." Ron tells them. "Really? What happened to them?" Harry asks, having not looked at the Prophet before he left the house. "Nothing, that's why it's such big news. They haven't been caught. My dad says it must've been a powerful Dark wizard to get round Gringotts, but they don't think they took anything, that's what's odd. 'Course, everyone gets scared when something like this happens in case You Know Who's behind it." Ron explains.

Before anyone can say anything else three boys enter, Harry recognising the middle one immediately as the pale boy from Madam Malkin's robe shop "Is it true? They're saying all down the train that Harry Potter's in this compartment. So it's you, is it?" he asks, looking at Harry. "Yes." Harry responds, looking at the other boys. Both of them standing on either side of the pale boy like bodyguards "Oh, this is Crabbe and this is Goyle, and my name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." the blonde introduces. Ron gives a slight cough to hide a snigger, making Draco look at him "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford. You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Draco tells Harry, putting his hand out for Harry to shake. "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks. Besides these are friends, have been since we were babies." Harry responds, not taking his hand. "I'd be careful if I were you, Potter. Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents. They didn't know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffraff like the Weasleys and it'll rub off on you." Draco retorts, a slight pink tinge on his cheeks. Both Harry and Ron jump up "Say that again." Ron says, his face as red as his hair. Hermione, Matty and Eliza sit there waiting to see if they need to intervene. "Oh, you're going to fight us, are you?" Draco sneers. "Unless you get out now." Harry responds. "But we don't feet like leaving, do we, boys? We've eaten all our food and you still seem to have some." Draco says. Goyle reaches toward the food but lets out a yell as Kiki hisses and scratches his hand, making the three boys turn and run out the compartment. Harry picks Kiki up "You alright?" he asks. Kiki gives him a small mew, rubbing her face on his cheek.

They all settle back into their seats "You've met Malfoy before?" Matty asks. Harry explains about their meeting in the robe shop "I've heard of his family. They were some of the first to come back to our side after You Know Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy's father didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." Ron explains. Hermione looks out the window "It's getting dark, we better get changed into our robes. We'll be there soon." she tells them. The boys and Eliza nod "Hermione and I will go get changed in the toilets, we'll be back soon." Eliza says, leading Hermione out the compartment. The boys grab their robe and quickly get changed, the girls coming back a few minutes later "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately." a voice says. Harry puts Kiki in her carrier "I'll see you soon Kiki." he promises. Kiki gives a small mew, cuddling up with her favourite toy and blanket as she falls asleep.