Chapter 3

Revali (POV)

I curled into a ball when waking up. The cold air and the early morning sun just wasn't doing it for me. I would have preferred to sleep in today but, unfortunately, that was not possible.

I groaned and got up. My clock read 6:45. I went to my bathroom and splashed warm water on my face before going to get my clothing for the day. I had forgotten to change out of my regular clothes the night before so I needed a different armor set today. I picked a white and navy blue set along with my royal blue scarf. I sprayed some wood scented spray on my feathers. I should smell nice at least.

I went to my balcony and breathed in the air. It was a lot colder than normal out today. It was getting into the winter season, so it made sense.

I decided that I was starting to feel hungry and I should actually have breakfast this morning. I went back into my room and pulled a apple out of my bag. I sat down and started eating it, while thinking of the route we were going to go today.

Perhaps the long way? There were no complications aside for that it was longer. The problem with the short way was that it was exceptionally cold. Even more so now that it was late fall. We would only be on it for a little while though, considering that the northwest where rito village was located was the only truly cold area.

I made up my mind that we would be going the short way. I know I would be fine, I was just looking out for Link. Why I don't really know. But I'm sure he will be fine. He's been though worse which in itself is quite sad.

I looked at my clock and saw it was 7:15. I got up to make a satchel for the day ahead. I grabbed my bag and left for the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen I went into the medicine cupboard and pulled out some hearty elixirs and fairy tonics. I smiled at the tonic thinking of Link and that moment we had. I hadn't had time to really think it over just yet. Well we have a long trip so I could do it then.

I went into the condiments cabinet and put in some apples, milk, carrots, and hydromelon in the bag. I did the hydromelon because I heard one of Links fan girls say it was his favorite. Might as well if we're going to be traveling together. I wonder how he's gonna react. He probably won't really react at all.

I decided to head up to the take-off balcony. I walked out the room, up a flight of stairs and down a few hallways until I finally made it to the big wooden door. I opened it and went outside.

I shivered a bit at the cold air that hit my face. It was so warm inside. I would be fine though. I puffed up my feathers a bit and walked out further. That's when I saw a figure looking out to hyrule feild, resting their hands and fore-arms on the wooden ledge.

I quickly relized that it was Link and smiled "Hm. I see your up here earlier than expected. Though that does seem like you. Aren't you cold?" I asked strutting up to him. He was wearing his normal clothing, but a rito headpiece. He turned around and completely ignored my seemingly sarcastic remark. He waved at me and smiled "Hello..." he said quietly. My breath hitched and I forgot to breath. Hylia his voice was amazing. So calming and quiet. I could fall right back asleep just hearing it.

I raised my wing staring off at him and waving lazily. He looked back to the feild yawning, and then shivering. I frowned and moved closer to him so our arms were touching. Why? I don't really know.

"Were going to be taking the shorter route today, but I must warn you it will be quite cold in the beginning. Can you handle that?" I asked. He nodded and touched his head peice with two of his red fingers. Was it really that cold that he needed to use a head peice? This was troublesome.

A few seconds later, the wooden doors opened with a loud, creaking noise. Zelda walked in wearing her normal traveling outfit "Oh I see you're both already here! Fantastic. Ready to go?" She said. We both nodded. How was she so upbeat in the morning? "Great! Good luck you two. Please be careful. Thanks a million for this. And here..." she said. He walked over to me and handed me a satchel full of invites. "Give these to everyone you can possibly find." We nodded and I bent down for Link to get on my back.