Chapter 4

Revali (POV)

I woke up to a small laugh. I opened my eyes and sat up to see Link had a whole cooking pot and a dish to the side of it. He noticed me and did our wave thing. I smiled and waved back at him. He picked up the plate and brought it over to me "Here." He spoke. I was beyond happy to hear him talk first thing in the morning. "You didn't have to..." I said looking down at the plate. I smiled brightly. He had made me some steamed fruit.

"I'm sorry it's not much..." he muttered putting his hand in the nape of his neck. I beamed and shook my head "Link you must stop being so hard on yourself! This is more than enough. Did you eat anything yet?" I asked. He nodded and I smiled. "Good. We will head out after I finish this, alright?" He smiled and nodded, then turning to his boots and putting them back on.

After finishing the food he made me, we started walking outside. Surprisingly it was only just turning bright out. My eyes became blinded by the fields of white snow. Link, however, ran out like a little kid. He picks up some snow and ate it. I snickered "Why on earth are you eating the snow?" He glared at me "Its good." He stated. My stomach flipped and I smiled "Suit yourself I suppose."

After Link had eaten a whole snowball, he climbed onto my back and we took off to Rito village. I suppose it would be nice to be back at home. Its been a while. Though, the only person I was really close with was the elder. I had no family, but its always been like that. I was always by my lonesome.

We landed onto my favorite landing and Link got off me. "Okay, I want you to stay here and... do whatever you normally do when you're waiting for someone." I said. He frowned "Why?" He asked giving me a confused look that was kind of adorable. My stomach flipped again and I grew angry "B-because I said so!" He frowned and huffed "Fine. Here." He said handing me the bag filled with letters. I smirked "Good boy." I said before rushing off in embarrassment. Did I really just- there's no way I said that.

I walked around empty minded handing out the letters. I had been contemplating on jumping off a cliff instead of facing Link after calling him that. I had no control! It just... came out! But I couldn't leave him alone forever. I know full well he would wait for me forever because that's just who he was.

After making my way to the top and giving them to everyone, I headed back to my landing. I stopped at the top of the stairs facing it and smiled. He was sitting crisscrossed with his hands in his legs looking around at everything. He really did act like a child sometimes.

I walked down and his eyes lit up once he saw me. He waved and stood up. He walked over and put out his other hand that was closed. He wanted to give me something?

I felt it drop into my wing and looked at it. I smiled. It was a opal smoothed into a sphere. "What's this for?" I asked. He smiled at me "Thank you." I cocked my head "For what?" I asked. He shrugged and walked behind me. I frowned and turned back around to him "Link, for what?" He smiled and shook his head. I groaned "Linkkk tell me." He snickered, covering his mouth "I'll tell you... later." He said. I groaned "Fine..." I crouched down for him to go onto my back, while putting the jem into my pocket. I felt his head go to my ears.

"Good boy..."

My heart stopped and my face heated up. Woah. I put my head down and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt his arm go around me "You okay?" He asked innocently. I glared at him. He knows full well what he did. Or does he? Does he not know how that affected me? Why did it even affect me in that way? I don't even know.

"I'm fine, thank you. Let's go." I said putting my wings out and beginning to fly. He heald onto me, and I could feel a smile on his lips. Hylia have mercy.
____

Time skip to after they deliver all of them!!
____

I sighed and smiled as me and Link sat down at a cliff side for a break. I looked over to him. His legs were hanging off the cliff and his hands were propping his upper body up. I glanced down at the ground and looked at the sky. The orange sunset reflected on our faces.