Chapter 7

Link POV

(Several months later)

"HYAH!" I shouted as I swung my sword down at my final gold Moblin opponent. I was once again being used as an example for all the new arrivals to guard the castle. Im still far too young to be one of the leaders of the hyrulian army but everyone seemed to think that I was the best there was across the vast land. So, all I've been doing for the past few months was defeating the never-ending moblins and bokoblins and lizalfos and any other monsters you could possibly think of. The crowds of unexperienced knights and old knights past their prime shouted and yelled in delight like my constant over-working was some sort of game. Like my pain was amusing to them. It was past annoying at this point. I was angry. But, alas, I was still the silent knight, and couldn't stand up for myself. Granted, less silent than before but I still didn't like talking to people.

It's pretty simple to defeat the monsters. That's probably what I'm least mad at. What I'm mad at is how I never have any time with Revali. We see each other in the morning, a quick kiss, and he's off to separate bow training, then watching me in the stands, then dinner, then bed. It's so infuriating and boring. There's nothing interesting going on. They new arrivals stink, save for one or two who actually try. Those are the ones I keep watch over. They were good for complete amateurs. Maybe intermediate level at the moment.

But Revali obviously is mad about it too. He always begs me not to go "Lets run away for a year! Better yet, eternity! This place sucks..." He exclaims. And as tempting as the sounds, he and I both know that we could never do that. We have duties here.

I huffed hair out of my eyes as the next batch of monsters was released from the caged doors. I swear they don't even do this for "Learning" purposes anymore. Just for pure entertainment. I wiped sweat out of my eyes and put my hair into a higher and tighter ponytail. I whipped it with a flick of my hand in a sassy way. I had gotten into a habit of doing that because I felt really cool and it made the hours of fighting slightly bearable with a little bit of self ammusment.

Next up was a golden lynal. I smirked as I hadn't seen one of these in a hot minute. I pulled out my now fully working master sword, as I had completed all of the master sword trials. Then I pulled out a wild berry and ate it quickly, as the lynal had begun to take notice of my presence.

It naturally begun to charge at me. I yawned and sidestepped as he flew past me. Time slowed and I smirked and charged forward. I struck the sides of its golden body with my piercing blade. But just as soon as the marks came, they disappeared. I had taken note of when they get more and more injured, the slower and slower the cuts vanished. Ultimately they, in the end, die, and rightfully so.

It jumped back and sneered at me. I stuck my tongue out, feeling extra playful and yearning for more self ammusement. I heard a few laughs from the crowd, as they found me funny! I ran forward and jumped high in the air, taking out my specially crafted bow called the master bow. Obviously it didn't have divine power, but it had amazing durability and power that outshines even Revalis great eagle bow.

I took out a shock arrow and sent it straight to the lynals face. It stumbled back and then went to huffing on its knee. I quickly took the opportunity to jump on its back and slash the back of its head, its weak point. I took the tip and stabbed it into the skull. It somehow regenerated but obviously it did quite a bit of damage. I smirked and backflipped off its back, as time stopped again. I took the bow from my back once again and shot arrow after arrow until I hit the ground.

It abruptly stopped and roared. I cringed and waited as it brought its sword up and smacked it into he ground. I jumped up in a backflip, dodging the fire and dirt that sprayed everywhere. Time slowed again and I ran forward slashing it everywhere on its gold body. It spun and sputtered confused on my movements. Finally the slowed time stopped and I jumped back to see my work.