Found a home

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

       'Slow down! Tal!'

 The girl didn't obey as she let out a cheerful laugh. She made her feet move faster, steady steps and fluid movements. Talya looked like she belonged. She jumped over another tree branch with ease, her raven hair falling behind her. The spring wind hit her face, making her smile.

     'I'm gonna break a leg!'

Talya let out another laugh again, turning around to run backwards.

      'Come on golden boy!' She called.

Charming lost his balance making Talya have to steady him.

      'I'm not made for this kind of stuff like you.' He complained.

The girl rolled her eyes but slowed down a bit. Even with the sun almost gone she still knew the forest better than anyone.

     'Shouldn't you be with your Merry Men?' He asked.

Just like any other orphan, Talya had to find a place to fit in, a safe place. And she had with Robin and Will and the other Merry Men. They found her in a forest in the dead of the night and were fascinated by her way of direction. How she somehow knew exactly which way to go or where any threats would be. Of course she never really explained how she was able to do that. How darkness itself seemed to bend to her will since the night in the empty alley. The thief still wasn't sure if she had been cursed or blessed by the Dark One.

      'Yes, Robin is gonna give me a long lecture about being out alone after sunset. But we gotta find your girl don't we?' She responded.

 Charming nodded, a smile appearing on his face at the mention of Snow.

      'I don't know why he is worried. With your gifts you are the most dangerous thing in this forest.'

 Charming was one of the only people who knew the truth about her magic. She had met him when she had no home so he welcomed her in his own during the time his name was still David and he wore no crown.

      'I wish I could tell them.' She whispered more to herself than him.

A firm hand was placed on her shoulder. She lifted her gaze, meeting his blue eyes forever filled with kindness.

      'It's too risky. We don't know how the Dark One would react if he were to find out.' He cupped her face in his hands 'We have to keep you safe, away from him.' The prince placed a kiss on her forehead 'I love you, Tal.'

 She relaxed into his touch as she let out a loud sight.

          'I know.'

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

          'Another round, love.' The Merry Man requested from the barmaid.

From her seat next to him, Talya sent him a disapproving look. Will was already on his fifth drink, his vision starting to blur. 

           'You know, dawn, you are not that bad.' He told her.

 The only response he got was an eye roll and an amused smile. Talya and Wills' relationship was mostly sarcastic conversations and lots of bickering. If someone saw the two they would think they hated one another. Did they hate each other? No, not really.

          'Nah, I'm just kidding, you are odious. With y-your perfect face and c-clever remarks.'

Talya had to bit her lip almost painfully to stop herself from smiling. Will always got soft when  he was drunk. Oh, how she couldn't wait to tease him about his declarations in the morning to come.

              'I leave him alone for one hour!' Robin exclaimed as he entered the bar.

 Since there were bounties with their names on them all around the Enchanted Forest they were only a few bars the Merry Men could really let themselves relax and drink in. The one they occupied that night happened to be one of them.

                'Idiots, I am working with idiots.' Robin complained, taking the seat to Talya's right.

 The girl laughed at the man's distressed look. She pushed his shoulder with her own with a playful smile on her full lips. Robin sent her a glare before pushing her right back.

                'Maybe, but we are y-your idiots.' Will pointed out.

 Robin tried to look annoyed but failed miserably as without his permission a smile formed on his face.

                'My idiots...'