Wedding bells

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

             'Attention! Person about to enter the room! I don't want to have to wash my eyes with soap!' Talya warned, a hand covering her eyes.

    Charming had sent her a letter asking her to come see him as soon as she could, saying it was important. That's how she ended up in the castle, in front of now Prince James and Snow Whites' bedroom. She knocked on the door three more times just to be sure. Talya really didn't want to witness any funny business.
     With a laugh Charming opened the door. As she lowered her hand, the girl was thankful to find both of them fully dressed. She entered the room, taking notice of the way Charming was playing with his ring. It was a nervous habit the two shared.

      'It's good seeing you, Talya. I'll leave you two alone.' Snow said as she shared a look with her lover before leaving the room.

     The thief stared at Snow's back walking down the corridor she had just come through. The confused look on her only amplified when Charming cleared his throat, making her attention snap back to him.

      'Are you okay? Are you nervous about the wedding?' She asked concerned.

When he didn't respond, his ocean eyes filled with emotion, Talya grew more worried.

      'Is it the Evil Queen? Did she do something? Oh, no, don't tell me it's the Dark One. It's him isn't-'

       'Talya!'

 She froze in place, he never called her by her full name. What if she did something to upset him? What if it was her?

             'I am getting married tomorrow. And I want my family by my side. I want my family to walk me to the isle.' He finally said, tears shining in his eyes.

   Talya looked even more confused. Did he think that with her power she could bring his mother back from the death? She wished she could, but she was certain not even the Dark One was capable of doing something like that.

            'Talya Hood, will you stand by me tomorrow? Will you walk me to the isle?'

            'M-me?' She asked in disbelief.

He was a prince, he could have anyone. Why her? Why a broken girl with no parents and unhealthy coping mechanisms?

           'Tal, my sister, my best friend, my only family, there's no one else I want there more than you. I need you there. So, will you stand by me just like you have done since the day we met?' He let the tears fall as she threw her hands around him.

            'I will always stand by you.' 

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

            'Grumpy, you are only supposed to eat the cake after the vows are said.' Talya scowled the dwarf.

            'Sister, I have been standing for the last hour with these fancy dressed people give me a break.'

   She didn't responded but pretended not to see when he dug his finger in the chocolate cake. She arranged her blue dress again as she made her way through the crowd and towards the door behind which Charming was waiting. She kept a polite smile on her face even though she felt out of place. Talya was no princess, she was a thief. She didn't live in a castle, she lived in a forest. All the fancy things were a bit too much, it was overwhelming. But she wouldn't complain, for Charming.

         'Ready, golden boy?' She asked as soon as she spotted the groom to be.

 He was pacing around the hallway. With a nervous smile he extended his elbow for her to take.

          'Stand by me?' He asked.

         'Always.' She answered.

And the doors opened.

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

          'I do.' Charming said the words with so much love Talya couldn't help but smile.

 She wondered how love must feel like, how true love must feel like.

         'And do you, Snow White, promise to take this man to be your husband and love him for all eternity?' The priest asked.

The princess smiled, looking at Charming the same way he was looking at her.

      'I do.'

      'I now pronounce you husband and wife.' The priest finished.

 The ball room erupted in applause. And as the newly wed shared a kiss the door flew open.

       'Hell no.' Talya swore under her breath.

 Gasps were heard around the room. The Evil Queen walked towards Snow and Charming.

        'Sorry I'm late.' Were her first words.

Talya's hands twitched at her side, shadows around the room seemed to respond to her calling ready to attack.

        'It's the queen, run!' Someone screamed.

 Snow pulled out Charming's sword pointing it at Regina.

        'She's not a queen anymore, she's nothing more than an evil witch.' She declared.

Charming shot Talya a look that said ''don't you dare'' before turning back to his new wife.

         'No, no, no, don't lower to her level there's no need.' He lowered Snow's sword before looking at Regina 'You are wasting your time, you've already lost. And I will not let you ruin this wedding.'

 The Evil Queen raised her brows in amusement.

          'Oh, I haven't come here to ruin anything. On the contrary, dear, I have come here to give you a gift-'

        'We want nothing from you.' Snow protested.

       'But you shall have it.' Regina spat 'My gift to you is this happy, happy day but tomorrow my real work begins. You made your vows now I make mine. Soon everything you love, everything all of you love will be taken from you forever and out of your suffering will rise my victory. I shall destroy your happiness if it's the last this I do.' And with that she disappeared into purple mist.

       'Well shit.' Rayna spoke all eyes turning to her.