No going back

I am the monster you created

...I am the monster you created

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

       Talya hated big crowds. And yet there she was standing in the middle of one.

                'How much longer do you think it's gonna take? They are getting impatient.' Ruby asked her.

  The two women guided people to empty seats, trying to create some order and space. Meanwhile their prince was in the back room supposedly preparing some big hope speech. Talya had always thought heroes just had a button in their heads for this. Like you press the button and then BOM motivational speech comes out of their mouths like poetry. Turns out either Charming was broken or heroes also needed to think and write down before giving their nations hope by using big words and stupid positive affirmations.

          'Taly!'

 Her head snapped in the direction of the familiar voice. Henry made his way towards her with hurried steps.

         'Hey kiddo!' She greeted, a hand going to mess up his hair.

 Her eyes fell on the hat he was holding.

         'Grandpa thinks the Mad Hatter can reopen the portal so we can bring them back. We have to go and find him.' Henry spoke as he gripped her hand and dragged her out of the Town Hall.

 The last thing Talya saw before the doors closed behind her was Charming making his appearance.

        'You convinced him to finally show up? Please tell me he has a good speech.' She put her arm around the kid's shoulders as she spoke.

 But Henry's attention wasn't on her, it was one the figure walking fast towards the Town Hall.

         'Henry go through the back door and hide.' Talya sent him away to safety.

 The boy seemed to want to protest, but the serious look the thief threw his way made him obey without complaining. As soon as he left Talya started moving.

       'What do you want?' Ruby's voice echoed through the room.

  A cruel smile appeared on Regina's face as she raised her hand. Fire danced around her fingers, making people scream in horror. With a satisfied look she sent it Ruby's way. The werewolf screamed, covering her face with her hands, preparing for the pain.

   But the pain never came. Between her and the raw fire stood Talya. Her hands, covered in darkness, were holding the ball of flames. There was a dangerous look on her face and it scared Ruby, it scared her how calm Talya was. Regina, frozen in place, watched the thief bring her hands together, making the fire vanish.

        'What are you?' The former Evil Queen asked in disbelief.

  Talya titled her head to the side, darkness dancing around her fingers and up her arms. And she looked calm, so calm. Everyone's eyes were on her as they finally understood why she was really called the Shadow. They had thought Charming gave her that title just because she seemed to be more awake after the sun went down, because she always loved the night. But looking at her now they saw, what had been hidden from everyone and everything for years.

     And none of them were blind, most of them had seen darkness like that before. She felt her heart thunder as she watched their eyes flicker in recognition. One look at her, her power surrounding her, was enough to realize she was the monster he created.

            'What do you want?' Talya repeated Ruby's question, but coming from her mouth it sounded more like a demand.

She forced herself to sound as calm as she knew she had managed to look.

         'Me! She wants me!' Henry yelled, coming out of nowhere.

 The little bastard hadn't listened to her and for once she was glad. The moment the little kid spoke all wondering eyes left her. Talya felt fear and doubt make its way inside her mind. They all knew and there was no going back.