Throw a curse

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

             Snow was pregnant.
             And the Evil Queen was about to throw a curse.
             Robin and the Merry Men were going to flee north to outrun whatever was coming their way.
            They had a wardrobe that could only transport three people to safety.

 To say it hadn't been an easy week would be an understanding. Talya rested against a tree and took a deep breath. Her legs ached from running around all day, but she didn't allow herself the luxury of sitting down in fear of not being able to get back up. Her hair was a mess and she was sure there were deep dark circles under her eyes.

           'Talya!'

 Her head snapped in the direction of the newcomer, her hand going to the dagger secured on her hip on instinct. The stranger raised his arms and pulled his hood down. With a panicked look on his face Will approached Talya.

          'The curse is happening faster than we expected! We have to go! NOW!' He grabbed her hand.

 He tried to drag her along, but Talya was frozen in place. Her mind was racing, a name loud and clear in her mind, Charming, he didn't know. She had to get to him. She met Will's desperate expression. It broke her heart and soul to do so but she forced the words out of her mouth.

             'I-I can't.' Her voice trembled.

For the first time since she had known him, tears formed in the man's eyes. In a matter of seconds determination replaced his desperate look as he seemed to make a decision.

              'Then I'll stay with you.' He declared, no lack of doubt in his voice.

 Talya's own eyes filled with tears. She wanted to run with them, with him, more than anything. But she had promised him, she had promised to always stand by his side. She didn't know if she could save Charming, but she had to try. She owed him that much.

         'No.' Her words were harsher than she had intended 'Robin needs you. He can't lose both of us, he wouldn't survive that.' She continued in a softer tone.

Tears were running down his face as he cupped her cheeks. There was something in his eyes, something she had failed to notice before. Even now as she seem to stare right into his soul she couldn't name or understand the emotion hidden there.

       'I am NOT losing you, dawn.' He told her.

Talya smiled softly, her vision blurred by her tears. She didn't even realized she was crying.

         'And here I thought you hated me.' She responded, her own hands going to his face.

She knew what she had to do.

         'I don't hate you. You can't hate someone you love and I love you more than anything.' He confessed, his voice breaking a few times.

 He reached around his neck and took off his necklace, placing it in her hand. He was looking at her with so much love it made Talya hate herself for what she was about to do.

          'What i-' He begun as tentacles of darkness surrounded him.

          'I love you so much.' Talya said before her power teleported him to safety.

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

         Talya ran through the castle, tears streaming down her face. With sword in hand she made her way through fallen guards, towards the baby's room.

            'You are not taking my daughter!'

Her heart seemed to stop for a moment as Charming's scream echoed through the halls. He was fighting the Evil Queen's guards with a baby in his arms. Talya didn't waste any time, joining the battle. A few swings of her swords and the men were on the ground. But there were many more coming their way. She could hear their heavy footsteps going up the stairs. It was just a matter of time before the Evil Queen showed up, they both realized at the same time.
        Charming looked at his injury and then at his sister.

           'Take her and go.' He pushed his daughter in her arms. 'There's no one in the world I trust more.'

 She didn't even have time to open her mouth to protest before she was pushed inside the wardrobe and everything went black.