7

A/N: It's a short one, but I promise there's more on the way. =) I leave you with Harry.

💚 Harry Styles 💚

You know when you are swimming underwater and for some crazy, unknown reason water scurries into your nose?

And you want to breathe, but your nose is busy coping with the intruding water, and if you open your mouth, even more water shoves inside, choking you, and blocking any possible form of air.

Water just drowns you, until you know-for the span of a second—that that may be your last seconds of life.

And you desperately try to get out.

You look above, the surface is right there—the sun rays piercing through the liquid surface. Your arms slide your whole body upwards with all the force you have in your bones, over and over again, but no matter how hard you try, you never make it. You never reach the surface.

That's exactly what it feels like to live with my family.

Like fucking choking on clean air.

Every day, every hour, every second, I would make excuses to leave. Woodstock. Random shows. Random places. Forests. Forbidden places—Hospitals.

Yes. Seeing people suffering makes my life much less painful. Although, at times, my family feels like this poisonous lung tumor consuming my life.

I just need out.

That's why I'm leaving on a two-year trip to do an internship in one of Louis' hospitals. I wish it would last a lifetime, though.

I got to a point in which I'm so done, that I need to put the ocean in between my family and me.

The problem is that I hate to be far from my sisters. Knowing that Sophie and Ada will be stuck in Satellite with all the drama, the fights, and the political gatherings. It sucks. But I can't do much to take them out and I've practically raised them.

My brother is now old enough to take care of them.

At age 16, when my parents started fighting, I became the voice of reason in the family. Yeah, me. I became the nanny, the one who was there when they got sick. The one that was there basically...while the rest was too busy to care.

Believe it or not, I became the most reliable source of comfort for Andy, Ada, and Sophie. So when I wasn't home, I needed to live life and loosen up to at least behave like the teenager I never got to be.

Reckless life at its fullest: sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

And now that I'm a nineteen-year-old guy, I feel like this drained version of a teen who never enjoyed his teen years, and who can only do three things right: sing, stop external bleedings, and fuck the hell out of women—if they have boyfriends, so much the better.

That was a joke.

As for the rest of my life skills, I simply suck. I'm the average, annoying brother who just deals with the mess his parents keep leaving behind.

And I have had enough.

I'm flying overseas, leaving Satellite lands to the Tomlinsons. So even when I feel like I'm finally reaching the surface and my lungs will be able to work properly, it sucks that I can't take my sisters with me.

Sophie broke my heart when I said goodbye to her. Fuck feelings and whoever put them in our system.

Her crying makes me just do anything, and I started questioning my decisions, and I really thought about staying—just for her.