The Park and Junkyard

a/n- this is a looong one.

Never would I have thought I would be jumping off of a train with Rachel Amber.

We walked up to a high spot in the park. There was view finders, a map and a statue.

"Wow, it's actually a really nice view." I said while leaning over the wooden railing.
"Glad you approve, and as a reward for making it up here, I have a new game for us to play."
"I'll beat you at any game."
"Oh really? Well, this game I learned in theater class. It's all about improvisation." She walked up to the viewfinders.
"You know, I act all the time."
"Really? When?" She leaned against it, giving me a side smirk.
"I act in class. Pretending like I'm paying attention." I smile and walk closer to her.
"Well, lets put your skills to an even harder task. This game involves spying on people from afar. Luckily, we've got some high-tech surveillance equipment right here. Let's fire it up." She pulled out a quarter.
"You are so on." I crossed my arms as she put the quarter in.

The quarter got stuck and she slapped on the viewfinder but nothing happened. I looked down and saw an "OUT OF ORDER" sign on the ground.

"Well, that blows."
"Shit!" She said, angrily walking away, closer to the railing.
"That was my last quarter. You?" She had this really angry expression. It seemed really strange that a quarter got her this upset.
"Quarterless." I put my hands in my pockets.

She paced for a second.

"Hey! What if I fix it? I fix my car all the time so I'm sure I can handle a viewfinder."
"Really? Fix it with what?"
"I'll figure it out. I'm pretty handy."
"Alright, lets see what you got." She gave me a small smile.

I walked away and felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

C: ethan! some fucked shit just happened at school!
E: whaaaat?! of course i missed it. what happened, are you okay?
C: i'm good i just embarrassed the shit out of drew. man it felt good.
E: no waaaay! he deserved it. i'm proud of you, price.
C: :)
E: what happened to no emojis?
C: i'll make an exception.
E: alright, i'll talk to you later.
C: cya!!

I smiled, putting my phone away.

"Hey Rachel. Do you have something on you I could use?" I walked up to her.
"All I have is a nail file." She handed it out to me.
"That'll work just fine." I grabbed it and walked to the viewfinder.

I stuck it under the metal panel and got it open.

"Sweet!" I grabbed Rachel's quarter.

"Missing a quarter?" I walked up to her and held it out.
"You actually did it. Gotta say, I'm impressed."
"Why, thank you." I bowed down.

She put the quarter in one of the other viewfinders.

a/n: i'm gonna cut some dialogue and skip some parts for brevity's sake

After we played around with the view finder, we saw a man standing by a tree kissing a woman. Immediately after seeing that, her whole demeanor changed and she stormed off.

I followed her as she just kept walking and walking, which led us to an old, abandoned junkyard. She was chugging this bottle of wine that we stole from some people. Long story.

"Hey! Check this out!" I showed her the junkyard, in all of its destroyed glory."
"Great. It's a pile of trash."
"Yeah, an awesome pile of trash! Come on, let's explore!"
"You do that. I'm gonna sit down." She walked over to the side and sat down. Bottle still in hand.

It hurt to feel so quickly rejected by her, even though we've been having such a fun day.

"Jesus. That wine hit you too hard?" I walked up to her.
"It's not the wine. I just need some space. Is that alright with you?" She looked so angry.