Expelled

a/n - all of these chapters are going to be really long. also all of the italics are inner thoughts. enjoy!

The ambience in principle Well's office was really quiet. I can't believe last night happened.
Rachel was sitting in a chair next to me with both of her parents standing behind her. I was sitting all alone, waiting for Chloe and Joyce. I've been staying with them since my mom died.

The door clicked open.

"Ms. Price. How good of you to join us." Wells said in an angry tone.
"I'm so sorry I'm late. My shift ran late at the diner so... sorry." I looked up behind me and saw Chloe looking down at me with a smile.

"Let us proceed. One of you here isn't familiar with the Blackwell disciplinary process. The other is."
Oh great. Way to talk about me in front of Rachel's parents.
"Blackwells code of conduct is..." Wells kept talking but I tuned him out. It's the same thing every single time.

"Are you paying attention to me, Ethan?"
"Nope." I chuckled.
"Mr. Pierson, the last time we met, a deal was brokered. Do you recall what that was?"
"Pfff uh, don't fuc- I mean screw up, again?"
"Trouble is merely the byproduct. The issue is your attitude. We agreed that you would rededicate yourself to becoming an exemplary Blackwell citizen."
"Really? I thought I was doing a good job."
"In the event that you were unwilling or unable to do so, we also agreed that it would become pertinent that we reassess your enrollment in the academy."
"So what? You're kicking me out?" I crossed my arms.
"What the fuck?! That is so not fair!" Chloe leaned over me, yelling at Wells.
"Don't you start talking about fair, Ms. Price. You and I are going to have a talk after this one as well."
"What?! You're kicking her out too?! You have got to be shitting me." I leaned forward in the chair.
"That language is extremely inappropriate for this conversation." Wells stood up.
"You want to know whats inappropriate? You drinking on the job. That's inappropriate. But please, kick me out for just cutting class, see if I care." I stood up too.
"Now now, Ethan. Let's settle down." Joyce talked softly from behind me.
"But Joyce-"

"I made him do it." Rachel finally spoke up.
"What?" We all said in unison.
"Yesterday was all me. My idea. I was having a bad day so I needed to blow off some steam and I took it too far." She didn't look up at all.
"Ethan tried to talk me out of it. 'I have been down that road' he told me. 'You're better than this.' But I wouldn't listen" She started tearing up.
She is one good actress.
"See, Ethan was afraid I'd get in trouble or hurt so, he came with me. But only to keep me safe. Ethan, can you forgive me." She leaned over the side of her chair, looking at me with a smirk.
"Uh, yeah sure."
I am beyond confused.
"Thank you, I'll make it up to you."
"Ethan, is this true?" Joyce said from behind me.
"It's true." Rachel didn't let me respond to her.

"Mr. Pierson?" Wells leaned on his desk.
"Yeah, fine whatever. It was her idea but it's not like she kidnapped me. I was in on it too." I scoffed.
"Ms. Amber, based on what you just told me, I have grounds to punish you. Are you sure what you've told me is true?" God i hate the way Wells talks. Jerkwad.

"Yes."
"This can't be the full story, Rachel?" Her dad spoke up sounding as confused as me.
"Ray?" He called Wells by his first name. What the fuck?
"Just to be clear, Ms. Amber, you're sure Ethan Pierson didn't coerce you or-"
"Coerce her?" Chloe spoke up.
"I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why someone like Rachel-"
"Oh, I think we're clear, Principal Wells. Someone like Rachel. But not Ethan. Or Chloe." Joyce chimed in too.
"Excuse me?"
"Do you have a list of students you assume the worst about? Is Chloe on there too?"
Jeez, Joyce is going all in. It's kind of entertaining.
"You have no right to treat Chloe or Ethan this way. This is because they are on financial aid, isn't it?" Joyce's voice got angrier and Chloe and I looked at each other with wide eyes and held back laughter.

"Let's all just calm down." Wells stood up.
"I'm pretty calm." I smirked.
"After everything we have all been through. These last few months and years. You should be ashamed of yourself."
"Ms. Price."
"MRS. Price." Joyce immediately corrected him.
"Mrs. Price, I appreciate your position but I assure you it is only Ethan's and your daughter's past behavior that has led us here today."
"I understand, Principal Wells. There is no doubt both of these kid's behaviors must improve. But given what we've just learned about the negative influence he was under, I hope you will allow them just one more chance." Joyce sounded kind of like she was pleading.
Come on. Where'd all the heat go from Joyce?
"Ms. Amber, I am surprised as I am disappointed in you."
"I understand." Rachel looked sad.
"This being your first infraction in no way reduces it's severity. Still, we will not be suspending you at this time. But you have squandered our trust. You will no longer be my administrative assistant first period. And you will no longer be involved in Blackwell's performance of the Tempest."
Oh shit..
"No.." Rachel leaned back in her chair, looking as if she was about to burst into tears.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Seeing Rachel sad made me angry.
"Your discipline is still pending, Mr. Pierson."

"Ray, she loves that show. Since this is her first infraction, don't you think-" Rachel's dad put his hand on her shoulder.
"Mr. Amber. I don't tell you how to run the District Attorney's office. Please don't tell me how to run my school."

"There's a reason we have understudies, for all circumstances, accidental and deliberate. I'm sure your understudy..."
"Victoria Chase."
"Victoria Chase, will have no problem replacing you in tonight's performance."
"That is so-" I crossed my arms.
"What was that, Ethan?"
No way she is going to miss that play. Guess I got to tune it up, thanks to her acting. Time to go down in flames.
"Get your head out of your ass, Wells." I got up and slammed my hands onto his desk.
"Ethan!" Joyce called out behind me.
"You really believe that skipping school was Little Miss Sunshine's idea?"
"Ms. Amber has accepted her responsibility."
"Don't you get it? You don't just wake up one day and decide to go against your morals. That shits grows within you."
"Rachel confessed. Are you calling her a liar?"
"I'm calling her a great fucking actress, because you all bought into her bullshit." I looked at her.
"You don't have to do this. It's okay. Really." She held her head with her hand.
"Don't tell me what to do. I'm not one of your little minions."
"Ethan, what are you doing? Apologize right now." Joyce walked up to me.
"I'm sorry for dragging Rachel into this. If I knew she couldn't handle it, I would have went alone."
"Why say all these things? They do not exonerate Rachel but further implicate you." Wells looked angry.
"This is my swan song. My goodbye to Blackhell. My last 'fuck you' to this school."
"I've heard enough! Rachel, you were clearly trying to cover for your classmate. I appreciate the motive, but I appreciate honesty even more. Is that understood?" He sounded angry now too.
"Yes, sir."
"You will not be removed from the play."
Thank god.
"Was that so hard?" I looked over at Rachel with a smile and up at Chloe.
"Thank you."
"And Mr. Pierson. I came into today's meeting planning to suspend you for the rest of the school year, with chance for reinstatement in the fall."
"And now?"
"You are expelled. And Chloe. Seeing as this reflects off of you too with your actions against Drew yesterday, you are also expelled."
"What? No.." Joyce sounded so disappointed.
I'm sorry Joyce. I had too.
"I will have Skip Matthews escort you to clean out your locker. You may wait outside my office until he arrives."
"That is all. Good day, Mrs. Price. Mr. and Mrs. Amber."
"Ray." Rachel's dad said before they all walked out.
"Come on you guys." Joyce said and headed out as well.

We all walked out.

"I'm sorry." Rachel whispered to us.
"Nothing to be sorry about." I said.
"Meet at the junkyard later? You too Chloe."
"Of course." We said at the same time and then Rachel walked away from us.

"The junkyard?" Chloe said.
"Long story."

"Mom, we're-" Chloe started talking to Joyce as she walked to us.
"I'll see you both in the parking lot."
Jeez. I feel bad for Joyce.
"Hey guys. I'm supposed to walk you both out." Skip said from behind us.

After throwing away all of our stuff from our lockers, we walked to the parking lot.