Helping Frank/The Play

a/n - this chapter is massive. u have been warned!

I heard a knocking on the window of my side of the car.

"Ethan? Chloe?" It was Rachel.
"Oh shit." I rubbed my eyes and rolled down the window.
"Has anyone told you not to fall asleep with a lit cigarette? You could start a fire." That's ironic.
"Right." I stepped on the cigarette that was burned down all the way to my fingertips.
"So.. you gonna invite me in or what?" She smirked.
"I love giving rides to strangers. Hope in." I yawned and turned to see Chloe still asleep.
"Thanks." Rachel winked and walked around the front of the car, placing a big duffel bag in the back.
"Hey.. wake up. Make room for Rachel." I lightly shook her shoulder.
"Oh shit. My bad." She sat up and moved over. I opened the door for Rachel and she got in with me in between the two.
"So, you've been busy huh?" She nudged me.
"I guess so. We got bored and needed some space." I smiled.
"This is amazing. I can't believe you found us an escape vehicle already." Her eyes lit up.
"An escape vehicle?" Chloe looked concerned.
"He didn't tell you?"
"No?"
"Last night we agreed that we are going to run away from here. No more Arcadia Bay."
"Are you.. Are you fucking kidding me?! You were going to leave? Just like fucking Max, of course!! I can't believe this." Chloe got really angry and got out of the car.
"No! Chloe please come back." Jeez. I wasn't ACTUALLY planning on leaving. It was just in the moment.
"No its fine. Go run away or whatever. Good riddance." She turned and stormed off.

Ouch...

After that argument, Rachel and I talked about hating Arcadia Bay and life in general, but then she brought up the play.

"Break a leg." I was going to see her before the play again.
"I hope not."
"Yeah that wouldn't be too fun."
"Hey, I was thinking... What if we do something after the show, just you and me?"
"What about Chloe?"
"She'll be okay."
"So what? We doing something criminal?"
"Criminally fun."She smirked.

Her eyes. I get drawn to them so easily. Shes so... snap out of it!! You and Rachel aren't going to really happen.

"Sure. Count me in." I smiled.
"Alright, I better get going." She got out of the car so I scooted to the window she was at.
"Wait, you forgot your bag!"
"It's for you. It's my older brother's old clothes. Drive safe." She kissed me on the cheek before leaving.

Holy shit.

I grabbed the bag and walked to this small concrete shack thats also in the junkyard.

"Let's see what she left me." I unzipped the bag and saw a bunch of t-shirts and a hoodie.

"Good shit, Rachel." I scoffed, happily.

I put on a rorschach skull shirt that paired well with my jeans and sneakers.

I got a text from Frank.

F: i'm at the junkyard now.

I walked out of the shack and saw his RV. The woman that was kissing Rachel's dad came out.

What the fu-

"Pierson! Get your ass in here." He said from inside the RV.
"Whatever." I got in.
"Jesus dude! It smells like shit in here. Rough night?"
"Shut up! Every nights a rough night. Where's Price."
"I don't know. She got mad and left."
"Huh. Whatever. I got a notebook in the back, go grab it for me would ya?" He started and pulled out the RV.
"Sure."
Dick.
I looked around, opened the back door and a puppy came bursting out.

"Woah!" He scared me a little but started tugging on my pant leg.
"Shit! Pompidou, get over here." Frank called out to the puppy and it ran to him, laying down on a pile of newspaper.