Part 2

That night, Steve sat at dinner with his mom and dad. An awkward silence hung over the table, like every night when his parents were home, which wasn't often. "So, Son, when are you going to get a girlfriend?" Steve's father asked. Steve froze, a bead of sweat dripping down his neck. Ever since Nancy broke up with him he hated the idea of replacing her. But he also wanted to make his parents proud. So, despite his love life being a natural disaster, he blurted "I'm already in a relationship!" Both his parents looked up in surprise. "Is that so?" His father asked, smirking. "Yes..." Steve flinched at his lack of ability to lie. "Well, why don't you invite her to dinner tomorrow, I'm excited to meet her." His mother said kindly, with a gentle smile on her face.

Steve had always loved his mother. Even though she was rarely ever home, she was a decent mother when she was around. She tried her best to listen to her son, and helped him when he was struggling with his dyslexia. She also never told his mother about him being dyslexic, which he would forever be grateful for. "Ya, tomorrow." He nodded and took a bite of mashed potatoes.

Later, Steve lay on his bed, the phone to his ear. "Hey Rob, I got myself in a pickle." "What's wrong?" "I may or may not have told my parents I'm in a relationship..." he winced at the memory. "No." Robyn said on the other end. "What?" "I will not pretend to be your girlfriend so you can piss off your parents." She informed him. Steve sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Do you know anyone who'd willingly help me?" "Maybe Billy?" "What?! No! He hates me. He'd never help me!" "No, but he might if he knows he gets to piss off your parents." Steve thought for a minute. "Do you have his number?" "So you gonna do it?" She sounded strangely excited. "It's worth a try." He shrugged.

Fifteen minutes later Steve quickly scribbled down the number Robyn repeated to him. "Thanks Rob!" He hung up without saying goodbye. He took a deep breath and dialed the number. It picked up on the third ring. "Hello?" The voice spoke. Steve's heart skipped a beat. "Hellllooooo? Is anybody there?" Billy sounded annoyed. "Y-yes! It's me, Steve." Steve finally managed to blurt. "Hey Steve, how can I help you?" The frustration was clear in his voice.  "I...I know this is kind of strange, but I need a favour."

Sry for the short chapter's, I'll update tomorrow. Have a good day :)