Part 5

Steve's eyes fluttered open early the next morning. He was surprised to find himself wrapped up in Billy's warm arms. He stayed as still as he could, trying not to wake the other boy. He jumped when Billy spoke. "I know you're awake sweetheart." he whispered. "Don't we have school?" Steve instinctively Snuggled closer to Billy. "It's Saturday love," he answered, kissing the top of Steve's forehead. For a moment, they both forgot that it wasn't real. And that's when Steve realized. He needed to tell Billy how he felt, for real. "Hey Bills, can I say something?" "You're already saying things Steve, just spit it out." Billy teased. "I- I really like you!" There was a moment of silence. "Billy? Please say something..." suddenly he was flipped around, and familiar soft lips pressed against his. The kiss was short, but it left an electric tingle on his lips. "I'll take that as a yes?" Steve blushed and pressed his forehead against Billy's. "Steve, will you be my boyfriend?" Billy asked. "Yes Billy." he giggled. "Steve, can you get up?" "But I want cuddles!" "I have to piss!" "fine!" Steve laughed it off as he rolled off the couch so Billy could get up. Billy disappeared to the bathroom and Steve went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

A few minutes later, Steve's mom came down the stairs. "Where's Billy?" She asked. "Bathroom." Steve answered, sipping his coffee. "You're too young to be drinking coffee." She took the mug from him and he yelped. "I was drinking that!" He grumbled. She just sighed and poured it down the drain. He watched with mild disappointment as his drink disappeared. "I'm leaving for a work trip at noon. I'm not sure when I'll be back, so take care of the dog well I'm gone." She put the cup in the sink and went back upstairs. Steve sighed, looking at the crusty little white demon his mother called a family dog. It was asleep in its bed in the living room, and Steve wonderd if maybe the stupid thing had died in its sleep. It was ancient, afterall.

He grabbed its food from the cupboard and poured it into the bowl by the kitchen door. He still didn't wake up, so Steve went to check if it was still breathing. When he poked it, its eyes shot open and it bit him on the hand. "Ow! What was that for? Why couldn't we have gotten the rabbit I asked for when I was ten?" The thing just growled and went back to sleep. He rolled his eyes and walked back to the kitchen, almost running into Billy. "Oh! Hey." He smiled. "Hi. I gotta go home, I'll call you later." Billy nodded at him. "Oh. Ok, bye." He watched Billy grab his jacket and open the front door. "Steve?" He paused. "Ya?" "I'll miss you." Billy smiled, leaving Steve smiling in the doorway. 

Have a good day :)