twenty two!

(  lighter to a gun fight  )

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄♔⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LUCY TRIED HER BEST TO SETTLE INTO RAFE'S SIDE. She would be lying if she said she'd paid much attention to the movie so far.

They knew about the boat.

More importantly, Lucy knew it could only be a matter of time before the boys decided to take justice into their own hands. She had looked around enough times to know that the Pogues had enough self-preservation instincts to stay out of Rafe's sight, but that couldn't last forever.

Gunshots echoed from the screen, and Lucy grimaced. Action movies had never been her favourite, least of all now her life was starting to resemble one.

It was then that she spotted movement.

Glancing to her left, Lucy saw two unmistakable figures working their way through the crowd, heads ducked down as if that would make them any less obvious. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. Idiots. They disappeared behind the screen.

Next to her, Rafe began to move, nudging Topper and Kelce to make sure they were seeing the same thing. The boys' eyes had practically lit up. Lucy didn't know whether she wanted to scream, or to throw up.

If they were this excited to take out their anger on the Pogues, what would they do to her?

          "Hey, hey, hey," Rafe hissed, voice a low whisper, "Would you look who it is?" Topper smirked. "What do you wanna do, Top?"

          "Show 'em they fucked with the wrong guy." Topper's voice was hard.

          "That's right," Rafe continued, slowly nodding, "That's right." Kelce sat silent and stoic, watching with unreadable eyes. "C'mon. Let's move."

The three boys stood, ignoring the protests of moviegoers that they were blocking the screen. Lucy stayed seated, and Rafe laughed without humour as he looked down at her.

          "What, you think you're not coming?" Rafe sneered. Before she could respond, his hand fastened around her elbow and pulled her to her feet. She stumbled as she stood, tripping over her feet. Rafe pulled her to his side then, his grip on her arm hard enough to bruise. "Wouldn't want you to miss out on us teaching your new friends a lesson."

Silently, they weaved through the crowd.

Lucy looked to where JJ and Pope had been seated, unexpectedly meeting Kiara's eyes, lit up by the movie screen. Lucy shook her head quickly, and though she couldn't tell from so far away, she thought she saw Kiara's mouth draw into a thin line, reaching out for a bag that lay abandoned beside her. This was not good. Kiara disappeared as the screen went dark for a moment, and Lucy looked ahead again.