35. Boggart

●●●

●●●

Scraps were all that was left of the class of 1978. After finding nothing in the library Amelia made the short trip to the record room. The room was surprisingly unoccupied by any professors or other Hogwarts staff. There she found little information. Though everything was horribly organized by old strolls and dusty books The Weasley managed to find old-school reports of James Potter. To her surprise ( or maybe not so surprising considering harry potter is his son) detailed many detentions and wright ups that included the names Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.

Amelia did a double take at the second name. Remus Lupin. That is the name of the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. He was friends with James potter too? Amelia question. She looked through the detention summaries. They were long. She could only conclude that the group would get detention every other week. Each year. Yeah, Harry definitely took after his father.

Two pictures caught her eye. A moving picture of the Gryffindor quidditch team in 1977 displayed a smiley James Potter and Sirius Black. The image was old and faded but the movement of Potter's arm hanging over Sirius's shoulder was prominent. The second picture was of a quidditch match. It appeared as a celebratory picture as everyone was grinning brightly toward the camera. She noticed this time her teacher, Remus Lupin, standing beside James Potter and Sirius Black. They all appeared to be such good friends, Amelia wondered what could have gone wrong. Based on all the detentions the boy's majority shared ( Though most of them seemed to involve Sirius Black and James Potter) it seemed like they were all close friends. That would also mean Remus was good friends with Sirius. Amelia flipped through the pages and loose scrolls until she found his school reports.

Remus Lupin was deemed an excellent student, as it is written in his reports. So much so that he was elected a Prefect for the Gryffindor house. An image of the professor, young with a long scar on the side of his face, was clipped to the corner where he stood beside another Prefect.

Amelia could only assume the worst. Since Lupin has a history with Sirius Black, that could mean he is potentially involved in a scheme of his. It wouldn't be so obscured, considering past teachers (Mostly just their first-year professors) tried to harm Harry, according to the story Ron told the family.

She tried to see if there was any other information. But nothing else of substance occupied the files. Information about their wands, house, grades, and emergency contacts was of no use to her. Hospital records were pointless. Though she took note of the fact Professor Lupin was in the hospital wing a lot. "Severe cuts and bruises" were documented on the paper, " on the face, arms, and torso It read. The vague reports of their pranks and night rendezvous that landed them in detention provided nothing but curiosity. How did they manage to turn a professor's hair into the Gryffindor colors? She couldn't help but compare them to her brothers, Fred and George, who too were known as the Hogwarts pranksters.