Chapter 16

All I could hear at that moment was the cries of the people. My heart immediately dropped. This can't happen! Not now! Not to my Rondni!

"Rondni..... Ron come on wake up please Rondni!! Wake up!! Ron we have to raise our baby together we have to.... you have to to be there!! RON!!" I was screaming as loud as could while I was crying. My eyes were so full of tears everything was blurry. I suddenly felt hands pulling me away from him. I don't want to leave I want to stay with him!

"NO! Please I want to stay with him! Let me...go! I...I don't want to leave him!"

"He's coming Valen, but we must take you to safety."

"Daddy!?"

"I know sweetpea.. I know."

My dad pulled my head into his arms. He picked me up and ran as fast as he could with me in his arms. The guard was surrounding us watching everything, making sure I was to come to no harm.

They immediately rushed Rondni to the pack house medical room. Every door and every inch of the house was guarded. No one except immediate family was able to see Rondni.

I sat next to Rondni holding his hand. The tears never stopped. Jeremy and his father took care of Rondni.  They told me thankfully it didn't peirce his heart, but it did hit a vital artery. It can take him a while to recover or not recover at all. He has a 50/50 chance of survival or death. I hold onto the hope that he will stay alive I can feel him fighting, holding to come back.

Jeremy checked on me and the baby. We were both doing great physically, but me mentally I was dying inside.

"Come on Rondni....I know you will make it."

I kissed his hand and laid my head beside him and fell asleep.

**************************
A few months had passed. I visited him everyday. I would keep him up with the progress of our baby. Though he was still unconscious I would rub his hand on my belly everyday. So that he would know the progression of our child.

I am 7 months pregnant with our little boy. While Ron is still recovering I had to take up all of his duties. Rondni's brother has been helpful. He is really stepping into his Alpha genes. Everyday is a constant repeat; handling pack duties, vist Rondni, then go home.

It's difficult watching him lay in that bed  for 7 months straight. I can feel him still holding on, but it fades a little everyday. No normal person would feel it.

I walked in Rondni's room. My little boy can feel his father's presence when I enter the room. He jumps in my womb.

"Rondni, our son is definitely a father's boy! He alway knows it's you when I walk in your room! I can't wait for you to meet him. I want you to see him grow like I do everyday even while he is still in the womb. Please wake up soon!"

Tears streamed down my face. I felt to hands rub my shoulders. I thought it was Rondni, but it was only his brother Damien.

"You've grown so much like your brother I almost thought you were him."

"Well he has basically raised me. I came to check in on him. I seen you in here and thought you needed someone to stand with you. I can only imagine how hard this is for you especially when your with child as well."

"It is, but I have you all here with me to help me along the way. You have me to Damien. I'm always here if you ever need someone to talk too."

"Thank you Valen. How about I take you to Dennys like Ron did with you sometimes?"

"That would be great."

************************
Another 2 months has passed. I am due any day now. Jeremy has been keeping an eye on me constantly. So has my mom, dad ,Katy , Damien. They are all excited and worried for me.