Chapter 1

I woke up to the sun in my eyes and the birds singing their morning songs. I heard swift footsteps run pass my door and low wishpers. I slowly creeped up to my door and turned the knob. I held my breathe and busted the door open.

"Boooo!!!"

My siblings feel to the floor in shock. I was laughing so hard tears were forming in my eyes.
"Sissy you scared me and bubba! That not fuwy!" I looked at Skylar and Ryder with their arms folded and lips pouted. I picked up Ryder and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry Ryder Sissy didn't mean to scare you!"

Skylar wrapped her arms around my leg  squeezing the hell out of it.

"You too Sky!"
I picked up Sky and walked downstairs.

Mother was cooking eggs, grits and bacon, which is my personal favorite.

"Mommy, mommy sissy scared me!" Ryder said jumping out of my arms. I chuckled while shaking my head. I sat Skylar down and kissed dad on the cheek.
"Morning dad!"
"Morning sweetpea!" Dad fixed his glasses and flipped the newspaper over to read the front headline.

"These damn werewolf hunters killing our kind!" Said dad with a slight anger tone.

Mom laid down a cup of coffee for dad, milk for Ryder and Sky, and orange juice for me.

"Valen you better get going to training or you will be late!" I looked at the clock. The time was 7:45. Mom was right! I grabbed my backpack while slipping on my shoes.

Rushing, I opened the door, not paying attention to anything or anyone, I bumped into a hard constructive chest. Two large hands pushed back my small body followed by a deep sexy voice.

"Are you alright?"

I looked up to see Rondni. He is one of my dads oldest friends. Rondni is 35 and my dad is 37. I instantly jumped in his arms and yelled his name. "Rondni!" He spun me around like a little girl and I giggled like a five year old. Dad, mom, and the twins came to see Rondni at the door.

"Sup Rondni! How's it been?" Said my dad while doing the little man handshake with Rondni. Mother hugged him and asked how work treated him. Of course he replied qith 'just fine'. Ryder and Skylar squeezed the mess out of his legs.

I remembered that I was running late for training and needed to leave.

"I gotta go for training so don't leave to early." I said sprinting out the front door.

After practice I came home hearing laughter coming from inside the dining room. I walked around the corner and my family and Rondni were all playing a game and kackaling.

"Hey sweetpea. How was training?" My dad asked

I leaned on the wall and sighed. "I feel like passing out!" Dad chuckled at me while I smiled.

"Well go wash up dinner is almost ready." I nodded at dad and ran up the stairs to my room.

45 minutes later I walked in the dining room with mom setting plates down and dad and Rondni in a deep conversation.

"So how long are you planning on staying!" I asked taking the seat next to Rondni.

He looked at dad with a nervous look on his face.

"I'm on a business trip and since I haven't seen you guys for a while I thought I could stay here for a couple of weeks. Also I know someone is turning 18 in a week!"

My eyes widened when he mentioned my birthday I felt blessed for him to remember that. My dad looked at Rondni real stern like he getting on to a child.