Chapter 19: Kyoto

I was the first to wake up. It was still dark outside, and all the girls were sleeping. My futon was in a corner, away from everyone else. My neck was aching from the uncomfortable sleep, and I decided to stretch and ready myself before anyone else woke up. It would just be awkward. It continued that way, me keeping my distance and being silent while the others were chatting around and laughing. Sometimes I could see Okuda glancing my way and fidgeting, like she wanted to say something. But I just let it be.

Grasshead, Minthead, Baseball, Akabane, Okuda, and what's-her-name, plus me. What an odd group. Of course, it was an odd school trip as well. Figuring out the best ways to kill our teacher, where it would be the easiest for the snipers to shoot our target, and such. And as usual, I didn't participate in the discussions the group was having. Not that they were trying to get me into those discussions either, sometimes Okuda would look back at me but that was it. Honestly, I was getting quite tired of that. If you have something to say, just say it! I get you're shy, but seriously??

"Aagh! We can't come to Kyoto and not get some matcha warabi mochi!!" Grasshead shouted out suddenly while we were walking.

That does sound good.

"Then why don't we put some poison in them?" Okuda chipped.

That does not sound good.

"Why!?!

"Koro-sensei has a major sweet tooth!"

"Nice! Use the local speciality to send him to the local cemetery." Akabane said, making me smile just a bit.

"What a waste of a perfectly good warabi mochi!" The grasshead shouted, voicing my thoughts.

"If only there was a poison that actually worked on him." What's-her-name-oh-right!-Kanzaki said.

"I wish we could just forget about assassination on this school trip, you know?" Baseballhead said dreamily. "I mean, look at these sights! What do any of them have to do with assassination?"

"You'd be surprised." Minthead replied with a smile before he guided us on a little assassination tour of Kyoto.

Apparently, several big history figures was assassinated here in Kyoto. Oda Nobunaga in 1582, Sakamoto Ryouma in 1867, as well as other assassinations like the Ikedaya Incident 1864. Quite fitting honestly for our assassination classroom school trip.

"Next up is Yasaka Shrine." Okuda chimed as she looked down on her notes.

"Eh~ c'mon, let's take a rest." Akabane looked over at me in the back. "I want some sugary Kyoto coffee, and I can guess that Aki-chan would love some chocolate, right?"

He winked at me, before he stopped in his tracks while the rest of the group continued walking. Obviously waiting to walk next to me, as I had followed the group with some distance the whole time.

"Y-yeah, let's have some!" Grasshead said, trying to distract from the awkwardness that I brought.

I sighed, as the redhead watched me with great interest, probably thinking of revenge plans.

"Well?" Akabane asked as I hadn't answered him.

"I would actually love some chocolate treats right now, thank you very much."

"I knew it." Akabane smiled big.

*Hiiii! Long time no see! I have finally gathered the energy to write again! I still have Long-Covid so I can't promise lots and lots of chapters, but I will try my best! Thank you all, once again for your amazing patience and lovely comments! 

/Maja