Chapter 21: Just be careful

Walking through the Geisha district of Gion was wonderful. Lots of memories flooded my brain, there were even some older ladies smiling and waving at me, recognizing me from the times I was here before. Of course, I smiled back and waved.

"Eh~? Aki-chan is quite popular here." The redhead grinned at me. "Is our Aki-chan a regular here?"

"When did I become yours?" I snapped back at him. "And why should I tell you anything?"

"Eh~ And here I thought we were friends. Nagisa-kun, can you believe her?"

"E-eh?" Minthead replied, who certainly wasn't ready to get dragged into this.

"A-ah, this way." Kanzaki interrupted us as she guided us into a small alleyway.

Away from the bustling streets, it was somewhat creepy how isolated this place was.

"Wow, Gion is practically deserted this far inside." Grasshead smiled as she looked around.

"Uhm, with all these places that turn away newcomers, not many people come here just to wander around, and you don't need a nice, unobstructed view." Kanzaki noted. "That's why it was on the top of my list. It's perfect for assassination."

"Amazing, Kanzaki-san! You've really done your homework!" I agreed with Grasshead, this was quite amazing. "Then, this is where we'll do the deed!"

"Perfect is the right word." A deep male voice came from the front.

"So why're ya walking around somewhere ripe for a kidnappin'?" An especially ugly looking guy walked in front of us.

And he was not alone. Several gangster looking guys surrounded us from every direction. Sadly, I was the closest to the ones in the back as I walked in the last. And they were not pretty.

"Something tells me that you onii-chans aren't here to sightsee." Akabane who no longer was in the back with me, but at the front facing the gangsters said.

"Well, we ain't here for you." The ugly gangster said. "Hand over the girls and get lo-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence, as Akabane had taken his head in his hand and pushed him to the ground with incredible force.

"See, Nagisa-kun? Fighting's no problem at all when there's no witnesses." The redhead looked over at his friend.

"W-whoa!" Minthead pointed ahead at another ugly one who had brandished a knife.

"You wanna get shanked?!" The ugliness asked before running towards Akabane.

However, I wasn't able to see what happened next, as my attention turned to the guys behind. I quickly dodged away from one gangster that tried to grab me. My instincts kicked in as I kicked the guy, who tried to grab me, in the back of his knees causing him to fall over.

"E-eh!" I looked over to see Okuda in the hands of another guy, clearly scared for her life.

I acted before I thought, kicking the gangster holding Okuda right between his legs, causing him to let go of her.

"Run!!" I shouted as I pushed Okuda away from the action.

Not seconds later, the first guy I kicked grabbed me from behind. I tried to struggle free, but he was much bigger and stronger than me.

"A fighter huh? Not so strong now, are ya?" His breath almost nauseated me.

Disgusting.

Disgusting. Disgusting.

I wanted to scream, but my voice didn't get out. I looked around and saw that Kanzaki and Grasshead had also been captured, but no sight of Okuda. Thank God, she must have gotten away. As the guys dragged us away, I saw Akabane on the ground surrounded by gangsters kicking him, and the other guys on the ground.

Akabane!