Chapter 17: Pain train

"Are you sure you have everything?"

"For the tenth time, mum, YES." I answered with a sigh.

"And you packed your period kit? You always get it when you're traveling."

"Yeeees! I have packed everything! Keys. wallet, phone, hairbrush, toothpaste, everything! I'm not going to be away for months!"

There were times like these when mum had a talent for irritating me. Sure, she was only worried about me, but there had to be a line!

"Just be careful.... Being a woman, young and pretty on top of that... Not forgetting being the heir to a big company... It's a dangerous world out there." She said once again while she fixed my coat.

"Mum, you're talking to an assassin in training to kill the largest threat to the Earth... I will be fine. Also what could happen?"

---------- Time skip-----------

I didn't think much of it before I had to find a seat on the train. Everyone had already sat down with their own travel group, six seats for every group. And then there was me.... I had never really had a problem finding a seat, or fit in before. Now, I was alienated. Sure, Akabane made sure that I was in his group, but there were only six seats and seven people. Somehow it felt like a cold eternity standing in the train hallway. Bugger.

"Akiyama." My gaze turned to Karasuma who sat across from a dispirited Bitch-sensei. " Sit down, I need to speak to you."

Great. Now I had to resort to sitting with the teachers. I walked and sat down on the seat he had gestured towards, next to Irina Jevalic. Surprisingly, she didn't seem mad at me, like before. Instead, she looked at me with almost pity in her eyes.

"Now, Akiyama." I felt a nervous shiver up my spine, as the male teacher looked at me. "I got a phone call from your mother."

Oh no.

"She had numerous concerns regarding this field trip, as well as you students' safety during this time." Karasuma stopped for a second, inhaled deeply, almost not to lose his temper. "Now, I don't know exactly how she got my number."

She called the bloody principal again! How has he not blocked her number?

"However, I would like you to tell her that our students' safety is our top priority. Even so, according to her requests, I will go through all the things she went over with me on the phone. But before that, I want to ask you to tell her not to phone me outside work hours, not to mention keeping the phone call under two hours."

Yup, let me real fast jump in front of a train.

*Hello everyone! Long time no see, huh? More like years... Either way, I haven't given up this story yet! I know I have a lot of excuses for not updating, and I think you deserve an explanation. Long story short, I have had post-covid for over a year now. I haven't been able to read or write during this time, and I still have trouble with it. But thanks to you all who have commenting, liked and read my stories, I have gotten more motivated to write once again. I truly thank you from my heart. This chapter may be short, and I don't know when I'll be able to publish the next one. However, there WILL be more chapters to come! Thank you for your amazing patience with me and Aki-chan.

/Maja