Chapter 30: Damn BB bullets

"Bloody hell..." I cursed under my breath as I opened my bag to find several pink BB bullets.

That auto-something machine had kept shooting at Koro-sensei almost nonstop, making Koro-sensei unable to teach properly and making us students unable to learn anything. Adding insult to injury was the fact that the high-tech next level machine couldn't clean up all the bullets, so we had to clean it all. And those pink pellets were everywhere.

I need a break... I took a look out of the window, wondering if I had the energy to go to that peaceful nook in the forest.

"Um, Akiyama-chan?"

I looked in front of me to see that Okuda had turned around to face me.

"If it's okay with you, could I eat, um, could we maybe eat lunch together?" She asked unsure.

"Sure." I answered simply.

Behind her glasses her purple eyes lit up at my answer. Her usual shy smile became a beaming one as she moved her desk so that it faced mine. She took out her bento box from her bag, spilling two BB bullets out on the floor.

"You too, huh?" I smiled slightly before picking one up from the floor.

"Yes, it seems never ending..." Okuda sighed.

"You can't help but wonder where it stores everything." Akabane walked up with the other pellet in hand.

"Ah, thank you, Karma-kun!" She accepted the lost pellet.

"That's true, doesn't it need to reload all ammunition again?" I opened my bento box, almost expecting a pink bullet in the middle of my food.

"Oh~ Aki-chan has quite the fancy meal." The red-haired boy stood next to my desk.

His gold eyes twinkled as I moved my bento farther away from him.

"It's true! It looks really delicious, Akiyama-chan!" Okuda chimed as she opened her bento. "In comparison mine looks a little rustic."

"Rustic doesn't mean it's not delicious." I said as I looked at her food.

It looked homemade but delicious, with octopus sausages. Mine wasn't homemade, mum didn't have time for cooking. Not that I could remember she ever cooking. Instead my bento was always custommade from a restaurant. I couldn't help but wonder if Okuda's mother had made her's, but decided not to ask about it.

"Itadakimas." I said before picking up an egg roll.

"Ah-h Itadakimasu!"

"Itadakimas!"

Nope!

I quickly moved my bento and my eggroll away from Akabane, who had clearly intended to eat my food. At my reaction, he poked out his tongue.

"No way, Akabane!" I said.

"Eh~ Don't be selfish, Aki-chan~" He teased.

"Get your own!" I guarded my bento from him.

"Don't be like that, Aki-chan~ Hasn't anyone teached you to share?" He tried to get closer.

"My bento, my food."

"C'mon~ I treated you before, it's only fair you pay me back."

Our bickering was interrupted by Okuda's sweet giggle. She hadn't taken a single bite from her bento yet, but her chopsticks were in her hand.

"I'm sorry-" She said between her giggles. "It's just-you two seem so close."

"Huh?" I was too surprised to say anything.

During that time I put down my guard and Akabane was able to steal my eggroll. I clearly hadn't learned from last time he stole my food.

"Ah! Hey!" I snapped at the food-stealing devil.

"It's yummy." He licked his lips. "Let me have another one, Aki-chan~"

"No way, you devil!"

"Ah~ You're too mean, Aki-chan."

Before I was able to answer the thief, Okuda was able to somehow get in between.

"Um, do you perhaps not have anything to eat, Karma-kun?"

"I didn't really bring anything today." He shrugged.

Goddammit...

"I guess you can have some, since you did treat me before..." I took my lid and used it as a plate, and started putting some of my food over to that.

"Oh~" Was all that Akabane answered.

He took his chair over to my desk and sat down. He just sat and looked at me while I put over some food.

"Ah-h, you can have some of mine as well!" Okuda started to put over some of her food as well.

"Thank you." He said casually.

"Okay, happy now?" I looked at the guy next to me and Okuda.

His answer to my question was a smile, but not a mischievous smile like he usually had. It was somehow incredibly sweet, like he truly was happy to receive our food. My cheeks suddenly felt warm, but I decided to ignore it and focus on my bento.