Chapter 14: Why me?

Why did I do that?

It was around midnight, and I was laying in my bed. Unable to sleep. I kept thinking what had happened that day. 

I'm such a moron...I acted all cool and cold, and then... And then!

"Ah!! That damn Akabane!!" I screamed out, knowing no one was home.

I jumped out of bed, grabbing my phone and realized that it had become Thursday in the time I was miserably thinking of yesterday.  

Yesterday I had been acting in such a stupid manner that I couldn't believe herself. I had first and foremost been humillated by that devil of a boy, I had begun cursing at him, even if it was in English. And after that I threw stuff at him, shooting at Koro-sensei in the heat of the moment, threw a gun at Koro-sensei and hit him, all in front of the rest of the class and the teachers. I want to crawl into a hole and never come out.... Luckily, the class and the teachers had became so surprised that I was able to hit that octopus right in the face, that they saw that as a chance to try to kill him, failing of course. After that, no one talked about the incident the whole day. 

Oh, but that wasn't all, was it?! I also shot Akabane right in the forehead with one of those anti-sensei bbs, on purpose! Oh! I feared for the coming days with that devil. Not to speak about that class trip next week! How am I supposed to continue living like this?? 

Mum was on another "work trip", more known as a fishing trip where her catch was another rich or powerful man. Of course all for the sake of the company and our wellfare, and maybe for a little bit of fun. But thank god she was away, I had absolutely no intentions of letting her know what has happened these last days.

I lay down on the bed once again, hoping I would be able to sleep at least some hours before school. 

These adventurous fun days..

Narrator pov

Akabane Karma stared at the brown haired girl some desks away from him. On his forehead was a small irregularity, barely visible. Observing her quietly, he tried to come up with the best plans for revenge. However, even if he didn't want to admit it, he quite liked her guts, and he had had a good laugh at the fact that the fastest living organism on earth got hit by a gun in the face by a fourteen year old girl. But that wouldn't get in the way of his revenge, he had his plans.

After a lesson or two, Nagisa got the assignment to make a group for the class trip to Kyoto. Sugino and Kayano was naturally his first members. Each group had to have six people, and three of those groups had to have one extra person, making them seven. 

"School trip groups, huh?" The blue haired boy said to himself. "Hey Karma-kun, want to be in my group?"

The mercury eyed boy turned his attention to his old friend.

"Hm~ okay." He answered simply and walked over to the clung of friends. 

"You sure about that, Karma?" The dark haired boy asked doubtfully to the delinquent. "You won't be pickin' fights and gettin' into trouble on our trip, right?"

"No sweat." Karma answered. "When I fight offsite, I make sure to silence any witnesses, the whole thing stays hush-hush."

The devil showed of a photo of a two poor students holding their licences, one visibly beaten up. The baseball loving student immediately reacted, whispering to his thin-built friend:

"C'mon! You can't let him in our group!"

"But we are old friends..." Nagisa answered slowly.

The redhead ignoring the obvious discomfort of having him in the group, looked around searching for the other group members.

"So, where's our fourth? Nagisa-kun, Sugino-kun, Kayano-chan and?" He asked trying to search the room after a special somebody.

"Oh, I invited Okuda-chan!" The green haired girl chimed in, holding the surprised girl next to her.

"We need six. Shouldn't our last member be a girl?" Karma asked as he didn't see those red eyes he was looking for.

"Hehe, I knew this time would come." Sugino said gladly. "I asked her a looong time ago: How 'bout the class madonna, Kanzaki-chan?"

He showed of the cute girl next to him. She was what you only could call average and normal, but in the End-class it was a nice change. 

"Oh! No objections here!" Kayano chimed.

"Thanks for having me, Nagisa-kun." Kanzaki thanked the shy boy.

"Yeah-h, sure."

Dammit, Karma thought. This would ruin his plans altogether. He saw how most of the groups had already been formed, but that damn girl was nowhere to be seen. Where is she when you need her? Then the door opened and in Akiyama Hiromi walked. She already knew about the group formations and decided it was not worth her time. After all, no one would want her in their group after all that had happened in these past few days. Karma saw his chance. 

"Hey, don't you think that we need a seventh member? After all, three groups of four need seven students." He suggested to the group.

"That's true, but who could be our last person be?" Nagisa asked the tall boy.

"I have someone in my mind." Karma smiled mischevious as he walked to the occupied seat in the back. 

He stopped right in front of the brunette and leaned his weight on her desk. Akiyama looked at him like she already knew what was coming. 

"Wanna be part of our group?" The redhead asked as he smiled a truly wicked smile. 

"Do I have a choice?" The girl asked tiredly.

"Looking at how everybody else hates you now, no way." 

The girl sighed, dropping her gaze down to her desk. She then proceeded to rest her forehead on her arms, hiding her face with her hair. 

"Why me?" She asked miserably. 

"Who else?" Karma asked teasingly back as he gave her head a pat. "You guys! I found our last member!"

He shouted to the rest of the group that obviously was not pleased. Sugino once again turned to Nagisa in panic whispering: 

"Oi! Oi!! Is this really a good idea??!" 

The blue haired boy only gave a shaky laugh as an answer. 

"Why me?"